What Countersink bit is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Countersink bit is this?

Beginner here..I've been looking to buy a countersink bit but had a few questions..
    1. Is it necessary to buy a kit with different sizes? or get one that is fitted for size 8 screws
    2. Does anybody know what counterbit brand/model is from the attached screenshot?

thanks!
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: What Countersink bit is this?

I'm not sure on the specific one in that picture but I have a #6 and #8 from this set from Lee Valley

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...at=1,180,42240

They are very nice quality and use a tapered bit. I didn't buy the set, I just bought the two sizes that I use the most. I would rather buy one quality bit then a large set of cheaper bits, just like I do with router bits
    JimPTBO and Wally in Calgary like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtie66 View Post
      I'm not sure on the specific one in that picture but I have a #6 and #8 from this set from Lee Valley

They are very nice quality and use a tapered bit. I didn't buy the set, I just bought the two sizes that I use the most. I would rather buy one quality bit then a large set of cheaper bits, just like I do with router bits
      Good thinking, stay with it.
      Start slow; wind down gracefuilly

Comment

The one you show is similar to a real good one. I have one left and have never really looked for a set but the one I have is solid non adjustable and perfect for #8 - 1 inch. If I need to go deeper I just use a drill to extend the depth. If you can find a few of the solid ones you will be happy. I really don't like the adjustable ones even though I have a set of them.
        bender likes this.
        "Do it Right!"

Comment

The ones at Lee Valley look great. Looks like I'll be making a trip.. once they get more stock of #8s =)

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtie66 View Post

I find these leave a hole that is a bit big. I tend to use the #6 for a #8 screw, especially in softwood.
            Redneck Albertan likes this.
            Cheers
            Randy

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
            Working...
            X