Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Delta, King Canada, General international Table saw

Originally posted by lezh70 View Post
    Many thanks for guy's comments. it is challenge to buy used table saw for woodwork beginner. we have not much experience in table saw and have no idea how hard the previous owner was on the motor.

Quite likely the motor will be ok on any decent saw. Most used saws sold with motors are just fine. i find it is other stuff that would scare me away. The other thing is a motor is easy to replace in most cases. Not cheap just easy.
    "Do it Right!"

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by Rusty View Post

Quite likely the motor will be ok on any decent saw. Most used saws sold with motors are just fine. i find it is other stuff that would scare me away. The other thing is a motor is easy to replace in most cases. Not cheap just easy.
      Thank you very much.

Cabinet saw and contractor saw, which one is accurate and cut easily in hardwood( walnut, maple ,oak...)?

Comment

Both will do the job. If you have never operated a table saw try to get some education wherever you can. The library and the internet are great resources.
        "Do it Right!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
          Both will do the job. If you have never operated a table saw try to get some education wherever you can. The library and the internet are great resources.
          I did't use a cabinet saw, only contractor saw. a contractor saw's HP 1.75, 120V almost, it cut 2"-2.5'' hardwood doesn't easily. burn and bog down, an accurate doesn't well.

Comment

Sounds like your saw wasn't set up well, or perhaps just wasn't a very good saw... that's not indicative of all contractor saws.

I've cut lots of 2" hardwood, mostly walnut and ash, on my current contractor saw and my old jobsite saw... good set up and a sharp blade = good results.

Comment

Be very careful when looking only at HP. Tools manufacturers have been playing around with HP on tools for years so you don't need to only look at the HP. I had an old 1 1/2 HP Craftex saw that never stalled once no matter what I pushed thought it and I bet who ever has it now probably is still pushing wood though it. I also had a 3HP Caftman saw that I burned out two motors in.

I have owned a few King Industrial tools and I am not really impressed by them. I never own one of their saws and I never really had a close look at one. The most important part of the saw for safety is a Riving Knife. You want to have that because pieces of wood have a higher likelihood of coming right back at you if you don't. The Stopsaw is great but if you are going to saw stuff from a hardware store and it's a little green you will not have the protection on most of the time anyways unless you have a real fetish of ruining good saw blades.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
              Working...
              X