Euro hinge types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro hinge types

i am designing a cabinet (frameless) which will have full overlay doors and drawers on the inside. The drawers will be almost the same width as the cabinet opening. Are there eurostyle hinges so that will allow the drawers to open without hitting the door.
    Waste are they called?
    Does this function have any thing to do with "degrees of opening"?
    Does it help if I go too half overlay doors.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Euro hinge types

Well, you can just install a full overlay hinge backwards.... (Ducking and running)

Otherwise you need what's called a zero protrusion hinge.

Someone more savvy than me will post a link soon, I bet you.

Comment

You can use these hinges without any problems.

Comment

Here's what they look like in use. Make sure you know where your drawers will be mounted so as not to put a hinge there.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	908.9 KB ID:	1265316

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	906.8 KB ID:	1265317
        Last edited by Wally in Calgary; 01-08-2020, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks Wally

Now that I know what they are called I just need to figure out wher t get them in the Niagara/Hamilton area( without a Richelieu account)

Comment

Originally posted by Marc goodwin View Post
            Thanks Wally

Now that I know what they are called I just need to figure out wher t get them in the Niagara/Hamilton area( without a Richelieu account)
            Sorry -- Can't help with that -- but maybe one of the members could. We'll see---- LOL.

Comment

Thanks Wally

how many do you need? when do you need them? if no one else can help, I go down to hamilton every blue moon to visit the folks. Actually I think I have some of those hinges in stock right now.

One other thing though, I thought I remembered hearing that if you walk into the richelieu store front (think there's one in mississauga, yes?) that you can pay cash without an account? I could have sworn I heard that, can anyone verify?

Comment

Not unless it has changed in the last month. No acct, no sale at Richelieu at their Airport Rd location. I believe McFaddens Hardwoods also sell Blum , they will sell retail and are open Saturdays till about 3. Wally raises an important point about hinge location so not to interfere with drawer location.

Brian

McFaddens are in Oakville in the industrial area east of where 403 and 407 junction is.
                Last edited by Brian @ Muir; 01-09-2020, 08:01 AM.
                If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

I've used 170 degree hinges for that as well.

Lee Valley sell them, just another option in case you can't source the hinges from Richelieu...........Rod.
                  Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

Home Depot (yes! I know!) actually resells what they call "Richelieu" hinges. Don't know if they have the 170's. You'll pay more than Richelieu but won't have to travel very far and don't need an account if they have what you want. Worth checking out IMO

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Brian @ Muir View Post
                      Not unless it has changed in the last month. No acct, no sale at Richelieu at their Airport Rd location.
                      Yes Richelieu will do cash sales, just don’t expect the warm fuzzy service of LV, you have to know what you want before you go to the counter.

sigpicToday's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground.

Comment

Thanks Wally

I have also bought these exact hinges from home depot, they had a bunch of mini doors set up so you could see how each hinge operated and where the door sat on opening.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark in Burlington View Post

Yes Richelieu will do cash sales, just don’t expect the warm fuzzy service of LV, you have to know what you want before you go to the counter.
                          Is that something new as I have been at the counter when they turned people away as they didn’t have an account? All my purchases are cash as I have never set up a charge acct

Brian
                          If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

I would design drawers & fronts, which eliminates doors, hinges and allows a little more leg room.

Comment

Originally posted by Sawdust 2019 View Post
                              I would design drawers & fronts, which eliminates doors, hinges and allows a little more leg room.
                              Roger that, to open a door to open a drawer is not my cup of tea neither.

Comment

Working...
                              X