Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV Sam
    replied
    Ikea has used Blum with the brand of Blum stamped on them. A huge supplier such as they are ( Ikea ) will always be on the look out for a better deal as few pennies add up real fast to them. I think the pricing at HD will be better with a better product to boot.

Leave a comment:

• Marc goodwin
    replied
    I know that this is blasphemy but FWIW, I have discovered that IKEA sells "euro" hinges with 125, 153 and 170 degrees of opening. The 170s to do exactly what I want. Rumor is that they are actually made by Blum but there are no markings on them. As near I can tell they look identical to the Blums except that they have a less shiny finish. Will give these a shot and see how well they perform.

Marc

Leave a comment:

• RV Sam
    replied
    Originally posted by Sawdust 2019 View Post
    I would design drawers & fronts, which eliminates doors, hinges and allows a little more leg room.
    Roger that, to open a door to open a drawer is not my cup of tea neither.

Leave a comment:

• Sawdust 2019
    replied
    I would design drawers & fronts, which eliminates doors, hinges and allows a little more leg room.

Leave a comment:

• Brian @ Muir
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark in Burlington View Post

Yes Richelieu will do cash sales, just don’t expect the warm fuzzy service of LV, you have to know what you want before you go to the counter.
    Is that something new as I have been at the counter when they turned people away as they didn’t have an account? All my purchases are cash as I have never set up a charge acct

Brian

Leave a comment:

• nugsthecat
    replied
    Originally posted by Marc goodwin View Post
    Thanks Wally

Now that I know what they are called I just need to figure out wher t get them in the Niagara/Hamilton area( without a Richelieu account)
    I have also bought these exact hinges from home depot, they had a bunch of mini doors set up so you could see how each hinge operated and where the door sat on opening.

Leave a comment:

• Mark in Burlington
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian @ Muir View Post
    Not unless it has changed in the last month. No acct, no sale at Richelieu at their Airport Rd location.
    Yes Richelieu will do cash sales, just don’t expect the warm fuzzy service of LV, you have to know what you want before you go to the counter.

Leave a comment:

• Paul O in Paris
    replied
    Home Depot (yes! I know!) actually resells what they call "Richelieu" hinges. Don't know if they have the 170's. You'll pay more than Richelieu but won't have to travel very far and don't need an account if they have what you want. Worth checking out IMO

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Rod Sheridan
    replied
    I've used 170 degree hinges for that as well.

Lee Valley sell them, just another option in case you can't source the hinges from Richelieu...........Rod.

Leave a comment:

• Brian @ Muir
    replied
    Not unless it has changed in the last month. No acct, no sale at Richelieu at their Airport Rd location. I believe McFaddens Hardwoods also sell Blum , they will sell retail and are open Saturdays till about 3. Wally raises an important point about hinge location so not to interfere with drawer location.

Brian

McFaddens are in Oakville in the industrial area east of where 403 and 407 junction is.
    Last edited by Brian @ Muir; 01-09-2020, 08:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• callee
    replied
    Thanks Wally

Now that I know what they are called I just need to figure out wher t get them in the Niagara/Hamilton area( without a Richelieu account)
    how many do you need? when do you need them? if no one else can help, I go down to hamilton every blue moon to visit the folks. Actually I think I have some of those hinges in stock right now.

One other thing though, I thought I remembered hearing that if you walk into the richelieu store front (think there's one in mississauga, yes?) that you can pay cash without an account? I could have sworn I heard that, can anyone verify?

Leave a comment:

• Wally in Calgary
    replied
    Thanks Wally

Sorry -- Can't help with that -- but maybe one of the members could. We'll see---- LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Marc goodwin
    replied
    Thanks Wally

Leave a comment:

• Wally in Calgary
    replied
    Here's what they look like in use. Make sure you know where your drawers will be mounted so as not to put a hinge there.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	908.9 KB ID:	1265316

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	906.8 KB ID:	1265317
    Last edited by Wally in Calgary; 01-08-2020, 10:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wally in Calgary
    replied
    You can use these hinges without any problems.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X