laminated Melamine plywood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laminated Melamine plywood

Do your anyone knows where can buy laminated melamine faced plywood? Thanks.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: laminated Melamine plywood

I don't think such a thing exists. Melamine is usually particle board only. I could be wrong though. What are you trying to use it for?

Comment

Originally posted by lezh70 View Post
      Do your anyone knows where can buy laminated melamine faced plywood? Thanks.
      In NZ I bought high pressure laminate on ply for my kitchen, so high pressure laminate is Formica (trade name) it was a thin laminate on each side of ply, mat white only I seem to remember, they had two grades what they called carcase grade the ply had defects that were telegraphed through the laminate so you could see ripples showing on the laminate surface, and they has a first grade that was pristine but more expensive, the carcase grade was cheap and I used it for my kitchen cupboards I managed to hide the defects in unseen areas, for the backs I painted 6mm ply and now I cannot tell the difference but then I don't stand looking either, this stuff was hard on the cutting gear, for the edges I used PVA to glue on white formica no I don't mind the dark line that shows.
      This ply would not have been made in NZ it must be imported so I would guess it would be available in Canada, I see some of the bigger kitchen makers use faced ply around wet areas because of the problems with meltica on MDF and water.

Comment

Have never seen it in North America . You can get melamine on MDF along with Particle core.

Brian
        If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

I've not seen anything like this before, but I am sure that the melamine plywood could be custom made for you by one of the plywood companies. I know that they can custom make pretty much anything, but like anything specialty, it would likely cost you dearly!

Comment

Working...
          X