X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacques Gagnon
    replied
    Originally posted by drzaius View Post
    Pretty simple really. Just line a straight edge up with the blade & see where it lines up. These are not precision tools, so the blade may not line up exactly with any of the lines.
    ... In line with Frank's comment, you can make a fairly precise cut by measuring the distance between the blade and the outside of the sole (use the wide side; easier and safer cut). Then, position your straight edge the exact distance from the line of cut. The blade will remove material on the waste portion. This works well with pieces that are wider than the plate of the saw. For narrower pieces you will need to create a wider surface under the saw, for example with two more pieces of 2x4.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

J.

Leave a comment:

• lezh70
    replied
    Originally posted by nailerguy View Post
    I got found one video guide on youtube here: https://youtu.be/KQRrjJIowIU
    Thank you very much. I already have seen it before.

Leave a comment:

• nailerguy
    replied
    I got found one video guide on youtube here: https://youtu.be/KQRrjJIowIU

Leave a comment:

• Canuckwoods
    replied
    Like Jerome, I never use the guide as it's too easy to misalign with the abuse a saw gets on a job site the plate is just there to give you a stable base watch the blade and there is no margin for error.

Leave a comment:

• Jerome
    replied
    In 30 odd years of using circular saws for a living, I have never once used the guide you watch the blade on the line that is always spot on.

Leave a comment:

• John Bartley
    replied
    Maybe you might think about taking it back to where you bought it, with the receipt and ask them if they will refund it?

Leave a comment:

• lezh70
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Burch View Post
    Why not go to Youtube and see what the pros have to say about this tool?
    I can't found from youtube

Leave a comment:

• Don Burch
    replied
    Why not go to Youtube and see what the pros have to say about this tool?

Leave a comment:

• lezh70
    replied
    Originally posted by RV Sam View Post
    Was the blade on the saw when you got it or did you have the blade off. Maybe a washer or shim is missing.
    I went home deport to checked the 2 same model saws. it is the same issue as mine. I don't know why is it?

Leave a comment:

• RV Sam
    replied
    Was the blade on the saw when you got it or did you have the blade off. Maybe a washer or shim is missing.

Leave a comment:

• billsm
    replied
    The width of your saw blade is usually 1/8", so you will always be removing that amount from whatever your cutting. If you make a line and then cut removing the line you have probably made your board shorter than you intended. Make a mark on the waste side of the cut and err on that side to sneak up on the final dimension. As has been mentioned before, make many practice cuts and you will quickly answer all the questions your asking.
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• John Bartley
    replied
    Originally posted by lezh70 View Post

that means if cut the lumber right side will be short 1/8" ?
    Yes, I think that is what it means.

Leave a comment:

• lezh70
    replied
    Originally posted by John Bartley View Post
    The test to see if the lines are anywhere near accurate would be to cut a straight line in scrap material using a straight edge guide, then see if the lines on the foot plate align as the instructions say. If not and if the saw is new, then maybe take it back to wherever you bought it.

This is what the owners manual says about the lines :

Click image for larger version

Name:	lines.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1301753
    that means if cut the lumber right side will be short 1/8" ?

Leave a comment:

• John Bartley
    replied
    The test to see if the lines are anywhere near accurate would be to cut a straight line in scrap material using a straight edge guide, then see if the lines on the foot plate align as the instructions say. If not and if the saw is new, then maybe take it back to wherever you bought it.

This is what the owners manual says about the lines :

Click image for larger version

Name:	lines.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1301753

Leave a comment:

• bogmer
    replied
    My problem with the DeWalt planner is that I ordered one and it doesn't seem to be coming in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X