New guy here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy here...

Good day all. I just recieved a bunch of nice pieces of walnut and I believe quarter sawn maple. I'm fairly competent working with wood, with my limited number of tools. I also have some small pieces of birdseye maple, and three large walnut live edge slabs.

I was wondering if there is anyone around the orangeville or shelburne (Ontario) area to see what I have and/or if it could be made into something.

Also wondering if there was a community type workshop in my area that I could go to?

Thanks,
    Don.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: New guy here...

If you post pics, anyone anywhere can give you some suggestions as to what to do.
    And, welcome to the forum.
    Noel

"Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
    'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
    "

John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

Don, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your time here.

As Noel indicated above, photographs would be very useful, regards, Rod.
      Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

Welcome, indeed, Don! I think you'll find that this forum will prove helpful to you, wherever your woodworking journey takes you.
        All the best,

Marty

- Instagram: @apexwoodworks
        - facebook page
        - YouTube Channel

Secretary of Kingston Wood Artisans Inc.

My goal is not to be better than anyone else. My goal is to be better than I used to be.

Comment

Working...
        X