Excalibur EX 21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excalibur EX 21

I am very disappointed with my Excalibur EX21. Often the blade tensioner flips over and sometimes one end of the blade becomes detached. Does anyone have the same problem or have a solution?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Excalibur EX 21

I don't own one of those saws but it sounds to me as if you have the same problem that I attempted to help Maizie with on her little Delta scroll saw. I had similar issues with my older scroll saw and the problem was worn blade grips that could not be tightened to adequately grip the blades. I took the jaws off the blade (holder/chuck/grip/whatever) and found that continual blade slippage had scored the jaws. On my Delta, the jaws are hardened steel but a couple of strokes with a diamond file had everything clamping up again. BTW, the repair has lasted for several years now.

Just my guess; sight unseen.

Ken

Comment

thanks Ken. I bought the saw new and it has never met the standards that I loved in my previous delta saw. The mother board was destroyed by a lighting strike. That was a beautiful saw. I thought Excalibur would be better, but what a disappointment. I don't scroll much now (not at all)

Comment

Try asking your question at this forum http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forums/. A lot of EX users that may be able to suggest a fix. My EX does it also but only when cutting aggressively.

Comment

Working...
        X