Blade Clamps Alternative

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade Clamps Alternative

Finally I have time to play with my 1998 scroll saw, but over the years, I have lost the blade clamps. I contacted the manufacturer and they don't have replacement parts (too old). Has my poor saw become a paperweight? I have so many projects pinned on Pinterest and am desperate. Is it possible to "create" blade clamps that are safe? My saw isn't the pin kind, and I do have blades, just nothing to hold them in. Any assistance appreciated!
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Blade Clamps Alternative

Originally posted by NoraVincent View Post
    Finally I have time to play with my 1998 scroll saw, but over the years, I have lost the blade clamps. I contacted the manufacturer and they don't have replacement parts (too old). Has my poor saw become a paperweight? I have so many projects pinned on Pinterest and am desperate. Is it possible to "create" blade clamps that are safe? My saw isn't the pin kind, and I do have blades, just nothing to hold them in. Any assistance appreciated!
    Maybe if you post a few photos with some clamp and machine detail or at the least give us a make and model, someone here will be able to advise a course of action or a source for the parts.

Comment

Try one of the band saw suppliers like R&D.

Comment

I have tried the manufacturer already, any ideas greatly appreciated! The second photo shows what the original clamps looked like and the last photo is underneath (where bottom clamp goes).

Comment

Would it be possible to make them yourself?

Either wood or metal?

Just went downstairs and looked at mine. I do believe one could be made with a piece of flat steel, several bolts & nuts, hacksaw file and metal drill. Bear in mind that mine might be quite different than yours.
          Last edited by Egon; Today, 08:28 AM.
          Egon
          from
          The South Shore, Nova Scotia

Comment

Hello NoraVincent,

Im surprised that BusyBee tools was not able to help you!! however!!

Here is a link to a site that you will be able to get replacement holders from...
            http://www.pozsgaidesigns.com/page0007.htm
            Scroll about 3/4 of the way down the page till you get to "Standard Blade Holder Set" These holders should would fine in your saw

Cheers, Hope this helps you!
            ​​​​​

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
            Working...
            X