X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoraVincent
    started a topic Blade Clamps Alternative

Blade Clamps Alternative

Finally I have time to play with my 1998 scroll saw, but over the years, I have lost the blade clamps. I contacted the manufacturer and they don't have replacement parts (too old). Has my poor saw become a paperweight? I have so many projects pinned on Pinterest and am desperate. Is it possible to "create" blade clamps that are safe? My saw isn't the pin kind, and I do have blades, just nothing to hold them in. Any assistance appreciated!

• Glenn McCarron
    replied
    I have a Delta scroll saw that looks identical to your pics. I have to position the straight blade in the clamps and then tension the blade. If the blade is not in the exact centre of the clamp block it will put a strain on the blade and it will fail quickly. If it is of any help I can take a picture of the clamp and give you a model number of the saw. Maybe that part at Delta may still be available.

Leave a comment:

• nugsthecat
    replied
    Hi Nora, did you ever find a solution? I'm in the same boat as you, I have one of the original blade clamps, but not the other. I might pick up the Olson Scroll Saw Conversion Kit off amazon, but I figured I'd see if you did something that worked.

Leave a comment:

• Egon
    replied
    Can you post a picture of your jig saw?

Perhaps google ( scroll saw blade clamps ). There should be lots of pictures.
    Last edited by Egon; 11-19-2018, 06:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NoraVincent
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestions! I would like to try and make something however am more crafty than I am mechanically inclined. I was hoping someone would have some ideas on how to do that.
    As far as purchasing, it is going to be over $20 to replace online for which I can put towards a newer model on buy and sell.
    If I can make something rather inexpensively and anyone has ideas, that would be awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Imliking
    replied
    Hello NoraVincent,

Im surprised that BusyBee tools was not able to help you!! however!!

Here is a link to a site that you will be able to get replacement holders from...
    http://www.pozsgaidesigns.com/page0007.htm
    Scroll about 3/4 of the way down the page till you get to "Standard Blade Holder Set" These holders should would fine in your saw

Cheers, Hope this helps you!
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Egon
    replied
    Would it be possible to make them yourself?

Either wood or metal?

Just went downstairs and looked at mine. I do believe one could be made with a piece of flat steel, several bolts & nuts, hacksaw file and metal drill. Bear in mind that mine might be quite different than yours.
    Last edited by Egon; 11-18-2018, 07:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NoraVincent
    replied
    I have tried the manufacturer already, any ideas greatly appreciated! The second photo shows what the original clamps looked like and the last photo is underneath (where bottom clamp goes).

Leave a comment:

• ofoori
    replied
    Try one of the band saw suppliers like R&D.

Leave a comment:

• John Bartley
    replied
    Originally posted by NoraVincent View Post
    Finally I have time to play with my 1998 scroll saw, but over the years, I have lost the blade clamps. I contacted the manufacturer and they don't have replacement parts (too old). Has my poor saw become a paperweight? I have so many projects pinned on Pinterest and am desperate. Is it possible to "create" blade clamps that are safe? My saw isn't the pin kind, and I do have blades, just nothing to hold them in. Any assistance appreciated!
    Maybe if you post a few photos with some clamp and machine detail or at the least give us a make and model, someone here will be able to advise a course of action or a source for the parts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X