Need some help Excalibur scroll saws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help Excalibur scroll saws

I actually need help with 2 different ones!
    1/ Mine is the variable speed DC motor one in which the "circuit board" is no longer working. The motor checks out fine and the motor guru says it is the DC speed controller.
    Anyone have a lead on a used one or even something NEW and better. my electrical guy says the DC motor is 90V and just under 3 amps

2/ picked this one up for the grandsons. It is the EXII model with the 3 speed pulleys for variable speed. Problem is the Original owner lost the 3 speed aluminum pulley from the saw!! I got a bag full of stuff and the pulley was gone.
    I have the one from the motor. It IS SMALL 2.5" is the BIG groove and the middle is 1.75" the smallest is 1" with a 5/8 hole for the shaft.
    Mike

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2596.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1260391Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2599.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1260392Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2597.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1260393Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2598.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	1260394
    Attached Files
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Need some help Excalibur scroll saws

If the HP of the motor is 1/2 or less, one of these would probably work. It wouldn't be as pretty as the original but believe that it would be as functional. https://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-110V-DC-...W/264524585767

I use these all the time for variable speed on lathes, drill presses, bandsaws, belt sanders etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tool fan View Post
      If the HP of the motor is 1/2 or less, one of these would probably work. It wouldn't be as pretty as the original but believe that it would be as functional. https://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-110V-DC-...W/264524585767

I use these all the time for variable speed on lathes, drill presses, bandsaws, belt sanders etc.
      Thanks! I will check it out. Pretty is of little concern to me, as longs as it works!
      Mike

Comment

Rory, thanks for the tip. Have one on the way! Any trick to wiring them up?
        Mike

Comment

Hi Mike, Its dead easy. AC power attaches to the 2 top positions on the controller marked AC. There should be 2 leads (and possibly a ground wire) from the motor. The 2 hot leads attach to the controller in the marked motor position.

I am not sure if it will make a difference with your saw, but if after you wire it up, you find it is running in reverse, just reverse the motor connections on the controller.

Comment

Thanks. Dead easy for “ electrical guys”. I am terrified of electric power!
            Mike

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by Soak-N-Fused View Post
              Thanks. Dead easy for “ electrical guys”. I am terrified of electric power!
              Mike
              Oh oh

Comment

Working...
              X