Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soak-N-Fused
    replied
    Thanks for the help. Going to order one for my son in law’s scroll saw as soon as I figure out a box to put it in!
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• tool fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Soak-N-Fused
    replied
    Hooked it up as suggested. It works perfect!! THANK YOU Rory!!
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• tool fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Soak-N-Fused View Post

Ok Rory the controller has arrived. What do I do with the on/off wire positions??
    Mike
    Hi Mike, I do not know which Excalibur saw you have, but I had a look online and found one with a DC motor. It has a rocker on/off switch. If your saw has this, and you want to incorporate that switch, you can wire it to the on/off terminals on the DC 51 controller. Its an added safety feature but somewhat redundant as there is a on/off rocker switch already on the controller.

If you want to have a true "power off" switch, you should wire the rocker switch to the power cord upstream from the control box.
    Last edited by tool fan; 12-11-2019, 12:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tool fan
    replied
    There is a fuse in the controller.

Leave a comment:

• Soak-N-Fused
    replied
    Another ? Do you have a fuse in-line and if so, where? Previous one had a 3amp SLO-blow fuse.
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• tool fan
    replied
    Ok. Looks fine. Was worried about the wires in the back. Thought I could find a deeper PVC or metal box to stick it in
    Mike
    You can do that too, but I have found it easier in the end to make my own, of course I have a scroll saw to cut out the hole for the box

Leave a comment:

• Soak-N-Fused
    replied
    Ok. Looks fine. Was worried about the wires in the back. Thought I could find a deeper PVC or metal box to stick it in
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• tool fan
    replied
    Like I said, it won't be as pretty. I build wooden boxes and mount them in a convenient location on the machine. Here are someexamples.

Leave a comment:

• Soak-N-Fused
    replied
    What kind of a box do you use? It is a lot deeper than a regular one.
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• tool fan
    replied
    Ignore them. Just hook up the ac and motor terminals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Soak-N-Fused
    replied
    Originally posted by tool fan View Post
    Hi Mike, Its dead easy. AC power attaches to the 2 top positions on the controller marked AC. There should be 2 leads (and possibly a ground wire) from the motor. The 2 hot leads attach to the controller in the marked motor position.

I am not sure if it will make a difference with your saw, but if after you wire it up, you find it is running in reverse, just reverse the motor connections on the controller.
    Ok Rory the controller has arrived. What do I do with the on/off wire positions??
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• tool fan
    replied
    Thanks. Dead easy for “ electrical guys”. I am terrified of electric power!
    Mike
    Oh oh

Leave a comment:

• Soak-N-Fused
    replied
    Thanks. Dead easy for “ electrical guys”. I am terrified of electric power!
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• tool fan
    replied
    Hi Mike, Its dead easy. AC power attaches to the 2 top positions on the controller marked AC. There should be 2 leads (and possibly a ground wire) from the motor. The 2 hot leads attach to the controller in the marked motor position.

I am not sure if it will make a difference with your saw, but if after you wire it up, you find it is running in reverse, just reverse the motor connections on the controller.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X