Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delta 13" Scroll Saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Delta 13" Scroll Saw

    Can anyone give me any information on a Delta 13" scroll saw model
    40-130C. I want to buy a used saw to see if I will like this type of woodworking as I am now Retired and there is one for sale for $80
    Retired no longer Tired.
  • Thread Continues Below...

  • #2

    Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

    Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

    Originally posted by tuchodi View Post
    Can anyone give me any information on a Delta 13" scroll saw model
    40-130C. I want to buy a used saw to see if I will like this type of woodworking as I am now Retired and there is one for sale for $80

    Here's the manual

    Single speed judging by the switch. Some parts no longer available.


    http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/Prod...cumentId=29975

    Where are you located?

    I have a Scroll Saw for sale -- it's in the Swap Meet Forum.
    ---
    Will

    “There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.” —- Mark Twain

    Comment


    • #3

      Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

      Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

      Thanks willr for the manual.
      I live outside Vancouver BC so a little far to look at your saw.
      Retired no longer Tired.

      Comment


      • #4

        Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

        Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

        Originally posted by tuchodi View Post
        Thanks willr for the manual.
        I live outside Vancouver BC so a little far to look at your saw.

        Add some location information to your profile -- you will get more help that way.

        Anyway -- that is not a great scroll saw. You would be better off buying a variable speed saw with a big table.

        http://www.scrollsawer.com/
        http://www.scrollsaws.com/

        DeWalt and Excalibur (General) make nice saws.


        http://www.general.ca/site_excalibur/excalibur_en.html
        ---
        Will

        “There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.” —- Mark Twain

        Comment


        • #5

          Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

          Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

          Thanks willr. I will not get that 13" but have found a fairly new Delta 16" with a good sturdy stand and lots of extra blades so I think I will pick it up and use for a while untill I decide if I really need a scroll saw(which I am sure I will).
          Retired no longer Tired.

          Comment


          • #6

            Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

            Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

            Originally posted by tuchodi View Post
            I think I will pick it up and use for a while untill I decide if I really need a scroll saw(which I am sure I will).
            That's what I did a few months ago and I ended up buying a better quality scroll saw ,now I have two and don't use the cheaper one at all.
            I might put a metal blade on it and try cutting soft thin metal with it.
            Happy scrolling.
            "You really can't make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
            mrpete222

            Comment

            • Thread Continues Below...

            • #7

              Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

              Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

              Hi to all.
              This ain't really a reply...I've came across this thread as I was searching for a owner's manual for a Delta scroll saw 40-130C.I'm looking for a copy of its manual.No luck so far,called Delta nope,saw ads and again no manual.
              Any help would be nice.
              Thank you

              Comment


              • #8

                Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

                Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

                Originally posted by Mathson View Post
                Hi to all.
                This ain't really a reply...I've came across this thread as I was searching for a owner's manual for a Delta scroll saw 40-130C.I'm looking for a copy of its manual.No luck so far,called Delta nope,saw ads and again no manual.
                Any help would be nice.
                Thank you
                Delta doesn't exist anymore, or if they do they don't seem to sell parts, at least in Canada. I would consider that when shopping for anything new, or new to you. If you can't get parts, that's an issue. Try to locate parts just to see if you can, before you invest in a disappointment.
                “The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” -Bertrand Russell

                Comment


                • #9

                  Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

                  Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

                  What info do you need from the manual? There is not a lot to know about these saws except what and where to lube and how to change the blades!! There seems to be a good supply of parts available but I don't know where to get an Owner's manual.

                  Ken

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

                    Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

                    Originally posted by phil View Post
                    Delta doesn't exist anymore, or if they do they don't seem to sell parts, at least in Canada. I would consider that when shopping for anything new, or new to you. If you can't get parts, that's an issue. Try to locate parts just to see if you can, before you invest in a disappointment.
                    Hi
                    Thanks but it's not for the parts.It's ok.As for the Delta doesn't exist part I don't understand as I've called recently but they couldn't help.Again thank you for replying.

                    Comment


                    • #11

                      Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

                      Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

                      Hi
                      A manual gives a bit more details as described.It's handy in the shop it's helps for future references.I have manuals for other tools and it help me found more accessories that can use with that I never though.As far as owner's manual for that saw????not even a pdf?
                      Thanks for your reply

                      Comment

                      • Thread Continues Below...

                      • #12

                        Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

                        Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

                        Try www.ereplacementparts.com
                        Looks like they've got all the parts, less a few obsolete screws. Also an exploded parts diagram.
                        Paul W.

                        Comment


                        • #13

                          Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

                          Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

                          Originally posted by Paul Woodrow View Post
                          Try www.ereplacementparts.com
                          Looks like they've got all the parts, less a few obsolete screws. Also an exploded parts diagram.
                          Already check already got that info.Thank for the help.It's the manual I need.

                          Comment


                          • #14

                            Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

                            Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

                            Originally posted by Mathson View Post
                            Already check already got that info.Thank for the help.It's the manual I need.
                            FINALLY GOT A COPY. with it found a few more details....Thanks for those who tried to help me.

                            Comment


                            • #15

                              Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

                              Re: Delta 13" Scroll Saw

                              Hello Mathson. I was given a Delta scrollsaw 40-130C today. It came with no manual. Would it be possible to get a copy of the manual that you have.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X