Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea where to buy a large roll of tie down twine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea where to buy a large roll of tie down twine?

I am looking to buy a large roll of polyethylene tie down twine like your local big box retailer might have outside to help you load supplies into your vehicle and lash them down. The cheap disposable stuff. I checked the big box stores, they offer it for free to use but don't seem to sell it. Hoping some one here will point me to retailers (brick and mortar or online) that sells the stuff.

I live in Nova Scotia by the way.

• Thread Continues Below...

Re: Any idea where to buy a large roll of tie down twine?

You can buy thin bale twine for round balers at farm supply places.
    Rob

Comment

Try a farm supply and ask for synthetic baler twine. or online you can order from uline.ca, this is likely the exact stuff at the big box stores. https://www.uline.ca/BL_3751/Polypropylene-Twine

Comment

Electrical wholesaler and ask for pull string.

Comment

Home Depot has electrical pull rope. I just bought a couple hundred feet this week. Not much to it, but strong as heck.

Comment

If you know a farmer who feeds their stock the large round bays of hay, ask them for the used twine that holds the bales together. They usually just throw it away. It is very strong. I have been using it for years. The price is right.

Murray
            This wood is all clear between the knots.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray in Toronto View Post
              If you know a farmer who feeds their stock the large round bays of hay, ask them for the used twine that holds the bales together. They usually just throw it away. It is very strong. I have been using it for years. The price is right.

Murray
              just be careful, you might end up with more than you want, as it's a pain for them to dispose of

If a man speaks in the forest, and there's no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong

Comment

Your absolutely right Steve. My sister is on the farm and last time I asked for some, I got half of a feed bag full. It sure comes in handy though.

Murray
                This wood is all clear between the knots.

Comment

Farm supply or coop store would have it or if there is a TSC or Princess Auto around you they would too.
                  https://www.facebook.com/gregsreinventions2016/

Comment

Originally posted by Bitmugger View Post
                    I am looking to buy a large roll of polyethylene tie down twine like your local big box retailer might have outside to help you load supplies into your vehicle and lash them down. The cheap disposable stuff. I checked the big box stores, they offer it for free to use but don't seem to sell it. Hoping some one here will point me to retailers (brick and mortar or online) that sells the stuff.

I live in Nova Scotia by the way.
                    If you don't have any yet -- the U Haul stores have moving supplies and boxes of twine. FWIW. Most storage rentals have it too.

Comment

How about a farmers store or co op. Don't they use it for bailing hay

Comment

Working...
                      X