I want to make some hash pipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I want to make some hash pipes

Any pipe I have taken apart are just reg NPT ends like nipples. The bowl usually has an o-ring between the 90. The mouth piece is just sandwiched between the the 90 with a spacer.
    Seriously check out a lighting store. You might even find the right length nipple and 90 and maybe even something for a bowl. Then just turn a wooden spacer and bore a hole to fit the lamp rod
    The 70s are a blur
    Al

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

With NPT you can only thread the nipple so far until the taper jambs to make a liquid tight seal. The 1/8 pipe nipples for lamps are not tapered so you can thread things like lock rings along the full length.
      Rob

Comment

My apologies you are correct on the npt issue. Lamp rod will work. Another option is brass compression fittings.They come in all sort of configurations
        Al

Comment

Threaded lamp nipples are 1/8-27 NPT. We made a steel coach lamp in high school welding class and that teacher had a way of etching things into student's memories.
          Be careful when you follow the masses...sometimes the 'm' is silent.

Comment

The NPT is tapered pipe thread and NPS is straight pipe thread, they are exactly alike in TPI and tread angles 60

Have fun and take care
            Leo Van Der Loo

Comment

Lamp parts are too big.
              These look to be 1/16-27 NPS

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
              Working...
              X