Coasters with a stand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coasters with a stand.

Using scraps of wood I have that have been in the shop for years.
    Stand is not done yet.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6993.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.03 MB ID:	1254650Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6992.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.03 MB ID:	1254651Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6994.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.10 MB ID:	1254652 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6991.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	1254653 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6990.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.43 MB ID:	1254654 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6995.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.26 MB ID:	1254655 ​​​​​​​
    Last edited by redlee; 10-08-2019, 06:13 PM.
    Egon, mikeddd and 5 others like this.
    • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Coasters with a stand.

Nice.
    Wood used?

Noel
    "Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
    'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
    "
    John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

Coasters are Walnut, Cherry and Ipe.
      Stand is white Oak.
      beachburl likes this.
      • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill

Comment

Are you applying flocking or felt to the bottoms? Coasters are meant for polished tables, a concept we have a hard time expressing to guests under 60!

Comment

That’s a neat idea Red, also the light and dark mix of the wood you used for the coasters looks good, nice work all around.

I made a bunch while still living inThe Netherlands, I got 2 sticks of Afzelia wood from my friend at the sawmill and made a bunch of coasters, however I should have realized that glasses and cups are often larger than the ones we were using at our home, anyway I made a box and filled it with coasters, it wasn’t easy turning the hard tropical hardwood and then slicing every coaster of of the block with a machine hacksaw blade, pretty rough bottoms that way and then had to sand them smooth by hand, though it all got dome and we still have them, but they get rarely used.

In the mean time I have turned a few larger ones and they sit around and get used for coasters and every other purpose LOML finds for them

Click image for larger version  Name:	Afzelia coasters.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.7 KB ID:	1254666

Have fun and take care
          Leo Van Der Loo

Comment

Originally posted by iamtooler View Post
            Are you applying flocking or felt to the bottoms? Coasters are meant for polished tables, a concept we have a hard time expressing to guests under 60!
            Not planning to, but not a bad idea.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Looks great, I like the idea and appearance of the base to keep them in order.
              Thanks for posting
              Brian
              If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Working...
              X