King 1218VS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King 1218VS

Hello everyone - I'm looking for some input into the King1218VS lathe. I'm using a King CH900C right now but it is too big for my shop and I never use the full length of the beds so looking to condense things a little. I had to replace the Reeves drive once but otherwise have been happy with its quality. I've been looking at reviews of the smaller lathe online but it appears that King has made some changes to this lathe somewhat recently as lots of the reviews talk about 5/8" tool rests which are now 1" rests as well as some other small changes. Anyone have a recent version of this lathe? I've seen the Rikon and it is a little out of my current price range. I turn mostly pens, but some small bowls (my largest ever was 9" across). Thanks all.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: King 1218VS

I just bought it 2 months ago. What would you like to know?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Just your general impression, any problems you've had with it, anything about it you particularly like.

Comment

This is my first lathe so take this for what it's worth. The only issue I've had was damage from the shipping but the retailer did a full replacement of it.

I couldn't be happier with it, I recently put a 12" piece on it and it handled it no problem. The display is really nice for the variable speed. It's really smooth feels super solid.

I think it's fantastic and to be honest can't see me buying anything else. Great value for the money. I got it from TEGS

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by Kaso78; 05-18-2020, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X