• Show
Clear All

• Leo Van Der Loo
    replied
    Very nice one Art

Leave a comment:

• KenL
    replied
    Nice piece Art! I'm not so sure about the ergonomics of it for regular use but it is pretty. Well done!

Ken

Leave a comment:

• beachburl
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Art in Prince George
    replied
    Originally posted by beachburl View Post
    Art, can you post a close-up of the completed one?
    Best done in sections, I'm thinking.

Leave a comment:

• tool fan
    replied
    That is one nice cane, worthy of Bat Masterson himself. I would use that even if I didn't need it, just to show it off!

Leave a comment:

• billh
    replied
    Like all your posted projects, beautiful work!
    However, I have started to use a cane due to knee and hip arthritis worsening and I would insist on having a foot on the cane so it will standup where I put it without needing something to lean it against. I now have one with a foot and consider it a big improvement over the regular little base. I'm sure you could make a foot.
    billh

Leave a comment:

• beachburl
    replied
    Art, can you post a close-up of the completed one?

Leave a comment:

• Doug G
    replied
    Always good to plan ahead, I made a couple canes about ten years ago for my mother and mother in law who have since passed. My sister in law has borrowed one temporarily as she prepares for knee surgery next month and I'm using the other temporarily after banging up my ankle. Mine are more natural looking from driftwood, your carved model looks good. Wish I'd taken pictures of the before like you did.

Leave a comment:

• Art in Prince George
    started a topic Canes

Canes

We aren't getting any younger so I decided to make our canes ahead of time.

On the left is a birch blank and on the right the finished cane. Coloured with analine dyes and finished with Danish oil.

Working...
X