Haven’t touched my lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven’t touched my lathe

It was before covid last time I went to my lathe.concidering admittance that it’s not my thing.it’s a delta 1460,have the outboard stand,added a variable speed treadmill motor,have the original 110 motor and pulley,have a spare parts lathe,as well as the new one way chuck,the wolverine basic kit plus the varigrind, a couple sets of beginners chisels,a couple banjos,face plates,and a large and small rests,spurs ,centre’s and drill chuck.
    I think I’m about $800 in.
    any chance of recouping my investment?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Haven’t touched my lathe

Originally posted by al.m.. View Post
    It was before covid last time I went to my lathe.concidering admittance that it’s not my thing.it’s a delta 1460,have the outboard stand,added a variable speed treadmill motor,have the original 110 motor and pulley,have a spare parts lathe,as well as the new one way chuck,the wolverine basic kit plus the varigrind, a couple sets of beginners chisels,a couple banjos,face plates,and a large and small rests,spurs ,centre’s and drill chuck.
    I think I’m about $800 in.
    any chance of recouping my investment?
    I would think so Al. I know that $800 maybe sounds like a bit much for an older lathe, but yours has all the accessories (pretty much), so if it's in any kind of shape and looks good .... I'd say your chances are ok.
    KenL likes this.

Comment

I agree with John. I've sold 3 of those lathes with VFD's and 3 phase motors and inexpensive chucks for $700. With the Oneway and the parts lathe you shouldn't have any trouble getting $800. I would market the parts lathe as a bed extension to the main lathe for making long spindles.

Comment

Thanks,I have posted it here in the buy and sell,will refrain from Kijji and market place for now

Comment

Working...
        X