Deep hollowing tools update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep hollowing tools update

So I made the torque arresting tool rest to go with the new tools, which are 37.5 " long and about 7 lbs in weight. I had to modify my control box support to accommodate the long tools.
    Attached Files
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Deep hollowing tools update

It must be nice to have both the tools and the skill to make things such as that.
    Noel

"Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
    'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
    "

John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

Originally posted by beachburl View Post
      It must be nice to have both the tools and the skill to make things such as that.
      Sawsall, drill press and tap set.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf In Burlington View Post
        So I made the torque arresting tool rest to go with the new tools, which are 37.5 " long and about 7 lbs in weight. I had to modify my control box support to accommodate the long tools.
        So here are the other tool inserts I made by modifying a CNC lathe set that came with 10 carbide inserts. (Diamond shaped) 38 bucks. Added an aluminum angle insert to bring down the 5/8 to 1/2 for the smaller tool shank size. Bent tool is round with 2 parallel flat surfaces so I epoxied washers on to fill the gap. The tool that is in the bar handle seems to remove the material the best in the ash vase in my other post.
        Attached Files

Comment

Its all good stuff, thanks for showing what you have to do to get to where you are going, more pictures of what is to come is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X