Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lathe

Hey Guys,
    I'm just in the midst of cleaning up my shop after a few big upgrades. After the dust cleared a little bit I decided to finally let you guys see the little green beast! I'll be sure to add a few better pics in the next few days.
    Say hello to my little friend

DSCF2164 (1024x768).jpgDSCF2165 (1024x768).jpg
    "To become an able and successful man in any profession, three things are necessary, nature, study and practice."Henry Ward Beecher

Re: New Lathe

They are a great little lathe I have one slightly older that I have done a few mods to. I wouldnt mind your model it looks like its got planty of potential.

woodfast 001 (10).jpg

Comment

Nice lathe Gavin, a shortie , what have you powering it, variable speed motor or the regular belt change speed.

You might eventually outgrow that lathe, but it should outlast you
      sigpic
      Have fun and take care
      Leo Van Der Loo

Comment

Thanks, Its got a 1.5 baldor on it and its just good old belt change speed. I would like to switch it to variable though....whats involved with that?
        Haha not for a while, the outboard should keep me satisfied in terms of size. The next lathe I plan to get would be a oneway 2436, I think it should last till then
        "To become an able and successful man in any profession, three things are necessary, nature, study and practice."Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

To change it over to a variable is fairly easy after the $$$ have been spent. But you will need to up size your motor to allow for loss of torque. One of the draw backs with the Woodfast is often the motor space is tight. I used a three phase on mine changing it from 1/2hp to 1hp couldnt go any bigger as space would not allow.

Comment

Working...
          X