Wired bowl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wired bowl

Here is a small cherry ( 6"" ) bowl to which I added some wire (copper) decoration. Looks a bit better than just the plain bowl.

DSC01605 (600 x 450).jpg

Never stop learning !

Re: Wired bowl

[ Looks a bit better than just the plain bowl.
    It certainly does, what a great idea.

Comment

Nice little bowl Jim

I done a few with copper wire around the outside, then found that all the wires would come loose and some even fell right off as the wood did expand and then again shrunk.

Same with a copper strip laid into a groove and soldered to have it come a loose strip later, so I just gave up on using it .

The other thing I did try but was not really happy with was rubbing soft pewter on the wood while it spun, it does work, but it never looked very appealing to me
      sigpic
      Have fun and take care
      Leo Van Der Loo

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Van Der Loo View Post
        Nice little bowl Jim

I done a few with copper wire around the outside, then found that all the wires would come loose and some even fell right off as the wood did expand and then again shrunk.

Same with a copper strip laid into a groove and soldered to have it come a loose strip later, so I just gave up on using it .

The other thing I did try but was not really happy with was rubbing soft pewter on the wood while it spun, it does work, but it never looked very appealing to me

Thanks, Leo

I used a lot of CA glue on the wire. So far, no wood movement....keeping my fingers crossed.

Never stop learning !

Comment

Working...
        X