Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question?

Hi

I am trying to find the maker of this chuck because i need another set of jaws .
    The minimum opening for the work piece for the one i got is 3 1/2 inches i would like one with the minimum of 2 or 2 1/4 for smaller work pieces.
    i will also post a few pictures of it . Also i like to know where i can get a new set of jaw . The expert help is always appreciated.

Thank you
    Nick in Windsor
    Attached Files

Re: question?

Hi Nick.
    Im afraid I can't help you with the manufacturer but that chuck looks really familiar. I know one of the guys in the GHWG had a complete set of(or several sets) chucks like that and he was trying to sell them.

Ill see what I can find out for you but It might take a while. I might see him at our next meeting this thursday. Ill bring in your pic and see what he says.
    FWIW
    J.P.
    J.P. Rap Mount Hope Ont.
    Carpe Ductum (Seize The Tape)

"In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. Elwood P. Dowd

Comment

Chuck

Hi Nick,

I have the same chuck - it was bundled with an old Rockwell Beaver lathe I picked up a few months ago. It came with a worm screw and a couple of jaws, which I think you have to keep together using an elastic band.

The manufacturer is Hattersley and Davidson Ltd, Sheffield, England.

Regards,
      -Gari

Comment

chuck

Thank very much

I got this chuck whit the lathe a few years back it is a Mayford M L 8 made in England

Nick

Comment

Similar Chuck

Nick- recently got a similiar looking chuck, but don't know how to work it. Came in a box labeled Hatersley and Davidson Model 1. Maybe missing a part? Attached is a pic of what I have. Any suggestions?
          Thanks John
          Attached Files

Comment

Chuck

Hi Nick,

I have an identical chuck and it is made by Robert Sorby in Sheffield. The data sheet in the box says it is a "Precision Combination Chuck No. 900". This one is approx 20-25 years old and includes sets of smaller dovetail collets in addition to the 3 1/2". I don't know where you would find dovetail collets other than used, I think Sorby just makes the SuperNova chuck today.

Chris

Comment

Working...
            X