My Beaver Barn Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Beaver Barn Project

Just wanted to show my Beaver collection so far ( my grandson picked the colour theme ) be nice.
    Steve I know you have The Beaver Lodge and no way am I even close to your collection but with my eyes open I will find those rare Beaver items.
    The Beaver Barn.
    Joe
    Jeffopentax, maytagman and 3 others like this.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: My Beaver Barn Project

Nice collection. Your grandson must like John Deere.
    gojaysgo2013 and Yahtzee1 like this.
    Donna,
    Self Imposed Queen of Design Opportunities

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by jodel1961
        Just wanted to show my Beaver collection so far ( my grandson picked the colour theme ) be nice.
        Steve I know you have The Beaver Lodge and no way am I even close to your collection but with my eyes open I will find those rare Beaver items.
        The Beaver Barn.
        Joe
        Joe,
        The Beaver Barn looks awesome and I like the colours. Now you just need a Beaver paper weight and the elusive belt/ disc sander painted in green and yellow.

I had all of those same models at one point in time and they are fine tools. It would be wonderful if your grandson ends up with them one day.

Comment

Originally posted by jodel1961
          The Beaver Barn.
          Joe
          Joe,
          The Beaver Barn looks awesome and I like the colours. Now you just need a Beaver paper weight and the elusive belt/ disc sander painted in green and yellow.

I had all of those same models at one point in time and they are fine tools. It would be wonderful if your grandson ends up with them one day.

Comment

Super collection! Thanks for sharing.
            All the best,

Marty

President of Kingston Wood Artisans (formerly Kingston Woodworkers Ass'n) Website: https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/
            & member of the Kingston Woodturners Association

Comment

Neeto man.

Noel
              "Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
              'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
              "
              John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

What colours & brand of paint is that?
                I Like it, it looks the best on the drill press.
                I have a 4" General craftmaster jointer that is green with yellow adjustment handles, that needs repainting.

Comment

Thanks, I bought the paint at Canadian Tire : Tremclad John Deere green 1 Quart
                  Rustoleum John Deere green spray paint
                  Armour Coat Rust spray paint Yellow

Comment

nice collection, not sure about the "john deere" look!! the old beavers are certainly a great set of tools

i should relinquish the "beaver lodge" name, some of my old beavers have been replaced by bigger or older machinery. i still have the big drill press, jointer, scrollie and the very elusive sander though plus a 3800 with legs that's being rebuilt
                    my shop is a beaver lodge
                    steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Beaver Jointer

Comment

Originally posted by stevem View Post
                      nice collection, not sure about the "john deere" look!! the old beavers are certainly a great set of tools

i should relinquish the "beaver lodge" name, some of my old beavers have been replaced by bigger or older machinery. i still have the big drill press, jointer, scrollie and the very elusive sander though plus a 3800 with legs that's being rebuilt
                      Nice if you ever think on selling that sander...please let me know.

Comment

there are other beavers too, the smaller bandsaw is a really sweet machine. keep the big one for resaw, the little one for curved stuff. the smaller table saws are kinda disappointing as is the smaller drill press.
                        i also have a 4 inch jointer, it gets used only for figured wood, so rarely and stays really sharp
                        leg sets are always a bonus, i currently have 3 sets, 2 short and 1 long(for the scroll saw)
                        steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Beaver Jointer

Comment

My dad would love that. He has two 56' 420's that look like they just rolled off the showroom floor.
                          sigpicClint in London

Comment

Originally posted by stevem
                            the smaller bandsaw is a really sweet machine. keep the big one for resaw, the little one for curved stuff.
                            Steve, I have owned both the classic old Beaver band saws myself and see the merits in having both. I actually liked the small one better. Although it has no fence, a smaller table, wimpier trunions, and more simplistic guides it has one thing that made it better than the bigger bandsaw; the ability to add a riser block. Therefore, I'd make the case that if shopping for a Beaver bandsaw the small one is more ideal if one wants to resaw although it is definitely not as sexy. Then again, if resawing is the goal a 14" bandsaw probably isn't the way to go for anything serious anyways.

Comment

the thrust washer on the 2300 guide can be replaced with a bearing, that little upgrade makes the 2300 much quieter.
                              the 3300 is not really a resaw machine, although it will resaw slowly. the fence which is actually a 3200 tablesaw fence, just shorter, isnt great either

the beaver 3000 series of tools are nice tools, better than anything else available in canada at the time for home hobby use

of course rockwell dropped most of them when they bought beaver in 1954. the 1200 tablesaw and the 3400 lathe lasted well after that, the 3400 lathe was still available into the 70's and even the 80's iirc

the 3900 sander is quite rare, im not sure why. posibly it was too expensive at the time. rockwell replaced it with the 1900 sander, ironically its also hard to find
                              steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Beaver Jointer

Comment

Working...
                              X