Mock up coffee/end tables ends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock up coffee/end tables ends

I seen a table on Pinterest but it seemed too wide for me so this will be an attempt at a narrower version of it. It maintained the same thickness except for the center styles/spindles, I want to try to have 1\8 steps in depth but maintain the same width (imagining the plywood is 2 1\2 inches thick on the bottom). Still thinking about the top and the bottom shelf but I have lots of time to mull that over while working on this. Hope to get first cuts this afternoon or will have to wait till next weekend, going to try using white ash for the first time.

• Thread Continues Below...

Re: Mock up coffee/end tables ends

That's certainly a different design, isn't it? What does the design look like from the front?

Good luck with this; white ash should look nice with it.
    All the best,

Marty

President of Kingston Wood Artisans https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club

Comment

Interesting. I would have a bit more width for the top so the legs are less likely to be an obstacle when walking by.

Comment

I found the pic again I normally don’t care for that style but something about this one, or at least parts of it caught my attention. The table top will be proud of the legs but a good point and something I will keep an eye on. Thanks for feedback always welcomed, I tend to over looks things so input is very helpful.

Comment

I second the comment about keeping the top wider than the base! We made some benches to go with our dining table and I wanted to make sure they were very sturdy and not tippy. I can't tell you how many people have smashed their baby toe on these things in the last few years! I really need to make wider tops for them to keep the toes away.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1866.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	1217914
          eblack likes this.
          What?

Comment

I got my pieces cut to length, some tenons cut the rest I will try cutting by hand to finish (the angle shoulders) then mark out the mortises but that’s it for today. Hopefully soon it will look like the legs I am thinking of.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
            Working...
            X