Craftsman band saw input

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman band saw input

Hey all. Have my eye on a Sears Craftsman 12" tilt head band saw model # 113.279491c. Looking for input from anyone out there who has had one. Google doesn't have much.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Craftsman band saw input

I looked at that model when Sears was still selling them. I did read some reviews so they are around somewhere. I was concerned about accuracy. I liked the saw but I bought a 2nd hand 14 inch Delta knockoff and have been very happy.

Comment

Craftsman quality has been slipping for years. With Sears selling them off it is sure to end up as Chinese junk in short order. I am not sure what era this is from but it would have to be a GREAT price for me to even consider it. Like $200 maybe at best. The electronic nature of it concerns me as well. Not sure what that adds to the saw other than complexity and something else to break. I recently had to throw away my Craftsman professional air compressor since they stopped make even simple parts for it (the tank)!
      tedder likes this.

Comment

It is worth the price of scrap.

https://woodgears.ca/bandsaw/craftsman.html

Last edited by Mark Nowicki; 01-09-2019, 07:57 AM.
        tedder likes this.

Comment

That bandsaw looks like the one my grandfather bought when I lived at his place while going to university, so late '80s maybe? I don't remember much about it except that the head tilts instead of the table. The electronics were just a measurement display for tilt angle and blade tension if I remember correctly.

John
          Shut up, wretched cricket of doom...

Comment

Thanks for the advice gents. I don't own any craftsman tools other than some wrenches. No point starting now given their recent demise. Band saws don't come up often in these parts on Kijiji or Marketplace. Contemplating a King Industrial 1433 FXR but would rather find an older sturdier rig.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by Mark Nowicki View Post
              It is worth the price of scrap.

https://woodgears.ca/bandsaw/craftsman.html
              LOL this is awesome I laughed out loud at it! The only thing I will add is I am not sure I would have dropped it from 14' in my shop due to the likelihood of damaging the floor which I am sure he now has a dent.

Comment

I loved it but I think he might need better footwear if he continues to practise that form of tension relief. LOL
                "Do it Right!"

Comment

i bought one used. sold it right after. not worth your time.

Comment

Working...
                  X