Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bridge City Toolworks Stuff at Lee Valley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bridge City Toolworks Stuff at Lee Valley

    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Cheers
    Randy
  • Thread Continues Below...

  • #2

    Re: Bridge City Toolworks Stuff at Lee Valley

    Their products look great but VERY expensive. The kerf maker jig is almost $80!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • #3

      Re: Bridge City Toolworks Stuff at Lee Valley

      Interesting how LeeValley will mention when a product is made in Canada, USA or even Denmark, but will play possum when peddling
      Chinese junk.


      Comment


      • #4

        Re: Bridge City Toolworks Stuff at Lee Valley

        I will preface this by saying that China is more than capable of creating a quality product, not just "junk" the problem is when the importer wants a product made for as cheap as possible. The quality of their products may remain the same, but we will see.

        For a years I drooled over Bridge City Tools. Now that they are being made in China however they have lost some of their appeal, I mean they literally sold out.

        If i'm paying top dollar for a product I would rather support a North American community than a CEO and their factory in China. THAT is why I would have payed Bridge City prices.

        The good news is that there are still high end North American made tool manufactures that we can support such as Blue Spruce and Sauer & Steiner.

        I'm not saying I would never own a Chinese Bridge City product as they are beautiful tools, but not at that premium price point without supporting our economy.

        -2c
        - Manberdo

        www.manberdo.com

        Comment


        • #5

          Re: Bridge City Toolworks Stuff at Lee Valley

          Originally posted by Mark Nowicki View Post
          Interesting how LeeValley will mention when a product is made in Canada, USA or even Denmark, but will play possum when peddling
          Chinese junk.

          Doesn’t look like they’re playing possum to me.
          http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?page=77205
          Mike @ Buck Lake

          Comment


          • #6

            Re: Bridge City Toolworks Stuff at Lee Valley

            Originally posted by Mark Nowicki View Post
            Interesting how LeeValley will mention when a product is made in Canada, USA or even Denmark, but will play possum when peddling
            Chinese junk.

            err, the Chinese just landed a probe on the dark side of the moon.
            Egon, JimPTBO and 2 others like this.
            Cheers
            Randy

            Comment

            • Thread Continues Below...

            • #7

              Re: Bridge City Toolworks Stuff at Lee Valley

              Originally posted by Randy in Calgary View Post

              err, the Chinese just landed a probe on the dark side of the moon.
              It might be before your time.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCp2jTtay0w



              Comment


              • #8

                Re: Bridge City Toolworks Stuff at Lee Valley

                Originally posted by mikeddd View Post

                Doesn’t look like they’re playing possum to me.
                http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?page=77205
                http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/pag...73&cat=1,41182

                http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/pag...73&cat=1,41182

                http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/pag...32&cat=1,43456

                Notice the difference?

                Comment


                • #9

                  Re: Bridge City Toolworks Stuff at Lee Valley

                  Originally posted by Mark Nowicki View Post

                  Notice the difference?
                  Yes I do. They have a full page to explain the history of the Bridge City Tools.
                  Thanks.

                  JimPTBO and Redneck Albertan like this.
                  Mike @ Buck Lake

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Re: Bridge City Toolworks Stuff at Lee Valley

                    Originally posted by Mark Nowicki View Post

                    It might be before your time.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCp2jTtay0w


                    Almost. I was ONE!

                    They are late to the party for sure, and have shipped their share of junk over here. Nowadays though there is some very high quality stuff coming from China. My SawStop is one example in the woodworking world.

                    Point taken from your original post though.
                    Cheers
                    Randy

                    Comment


                    • #11

                      Re: Bridge City Toolworks Stuff at Lee Valley

                      I'm chinese, and everything I make is junk... thats just how I roll

                      Comment

                      • Thread Continues Below...

                      • #12

                        Re: Bridge City Toolworks Stuff at Lee Valley

                        Originally posted by davezedlee View Post
                        I'm chinese, and everything I make is junk... thats just how I roll
                        Now, that's just funny right there ... I don't care who y'are !!

                        Seriously, I used to shop CDN first, followed by USA, EU, then wherever. Quite a few years ago I stopped doing that. This globe is virtually shrinking by virtue of population growth and advances in technology. I think we need to get over ourselves and start looking at the price quality equation without regard to origin. Some will talk about the politics of this sort of decision, and I've decided that for my remaining years I'm going to ignore the politics of global business.

                        Y'all may have a different view .... I won't hate ya' fer it.

                        Comment


                        • #13

                          Re: Bridge City Toolworks Stuff at Lee Valley

                          Originally posted by Randy in Calgary View Post

                          Almost. I was ONE!

                          They are late to the party for sure, and have shipped their share of junk over here. Nowadays though there is some very high quality stuff coming from China. My SawStop is one example in the woodworking world.

                          Point taken from your original post though.
                          That reminds me of the 1960's when Japanese stuff was pretty junky and look what happened there.

                          Comment


                          • #14

                            Re: Bridge City Toolworks Stuff at Lee Valley

                            Originally posted by tool fan View Post

                            That reminds me of the 1960's when Japanese stuff was pretty junky and look what happened there.
                            I remember those days. Japanese junk was used in the same context. The first Toyota was considered a joke.
                            Cheers
                            Randy

                            Comment


                            • #15

                              Re: Bridge City Toolworks Stuff at Lee Valley

                              Originally posted by John Bartley View Post

                              Now, that's just funny right there ... I don't care who y'are !!

                              Seriously, I used to shop CDN first, followed by USA, EU, then wherever. Quite a few years ago I stopped doing that. This globe is virtually shrinking by virtue of population growth and advances in technology. I think we need to get over ourselves and start looking at the price quality equation without regard to origin. Some will talk about the politics of this sort of decision, and I've decided that for my remaining years I'm going to ignore the politics of global business.

                              Y'all may have a different view .... I won't hate ya' fer it.
                              I object to promoting industry in places that are infamous for disregarding the environment and treatment of employees. Stuff is usually cheaper because some corners are cut....
                              Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club.

                              http://www.youtube.com/c/DovetailTimberworks

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X