Craftex b22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftex b22

Found kijiji ad for a craftex b2269 27 drum sander, it looks like it's never been used it's so clean, and the guy is asking 1000$
    I'm about to jump on it, but my wife would really appreciate you guys talking me out of it.
    Is there any reason I should not buy it ?

Thanks
    Colin

Last edited by webmaster; 02-07-2019, 03:14 PM.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Craftex b22

OK, so your wife would like a group of people (for lack of a better saying) who are obsessed with having some pretty cool tools to talk you out of buying what is conceivably one of the most useful tools in the universe (OK maybe a little over the top, but it would be a really nice to have).

So here is my attempt: No..............don't..................................................BUY IT.

Vince
    KenL likes this.

Comment

Hahaha... thanks Vince, I’m just trying to justify it to her
      “See hun, all these guys from Canadian woodworking that I don’t know and haven’t met think it’s a good idea”. Lol

But really if anyone has any cons to add do let me know, I’m ready to jump but it’s still a significant investment and I’m trying to keep cool (not doing so well)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is a helluva deal that you cannot live without! Did that help? Seriously, I have wanted one of those things for years but have no more room in the shop. A decent deal at the at that price IMO.

As for help with talking your wife into it; sorry, you are on your own!

Ken

Comment

They are a bit finnicky to learn how to get the paper on properly, and you have to take very light passes, but at 1000$ it is a hell of a deal.

Simon

Comment

I have one and use it all the time just remember it is for finishing not as a planer. The only reason not to get it is if you do not have dust collection, but if you do not but are in the process of getting DC get it just don't use it until the DC is set up.
            Jerome
            Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.
            Every loaf of bread is a tragic tale of grains that could've become beer.......but didn't....

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

This post doesnt make sense.

At least not to me.
              Cheers
              Randy

Comment

Looks like it is sold PPU. hope this was you.

Comment

I responded to the ad within the first hour it was posted, he didn’t respond right away and when he finally did he said, “I just sold it, I don’t think I was asking enough”
                  :(
                  Probably be a while before another deal like that shows up again.
                  Thanks for the response guys
                  Colin

Comment

Working...
                  X