Dining Set Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dining Set Build

It has been a long time since I posted....here's a dining set I recently completed. Table, 6 chairs, buffet & hutch. We have not picked out the knobs/handles for the buffet and hutch as of yet. Everything is ash with quarter sawn for the table top. Each piece, except the chairs, were my own design. The chairs I started with a Woodsmith plan and modified to match the table design matching the narrow and wide slats of the table legs.
    EMSbyDay, MartyFromKingston and 7 others like this.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Dining Set Build

Very nice job Glenn. Nice weekend project huh? LOL
    "Do it Right!"

Comment

Nice Glenn, quarter sawn ash is very nice.........Rod
      Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

Impressive!!
        Egon
        from
        The South Shore, Nova Scotia

Comment

Wow, that's gorgeous.

Comment

I like it - the whole project.

Noel
            "Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
            'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
            "
            John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

Always good to have a project posted. I like the chairs very much. They look like they would be easy on the back over a long meal. Is the top a different finish than the chairs or is it just the light?

Comment

Originally posted by GlennS, St Clair Beach View Post
                It has been a long time since I posted....here's a dining set I recently completed. Table, 6 chairs, buffet & hutch. We have not picked out the knobs/handles for the buffet and hutch as of yet. Everything is ash with quarter sawn for the table top. Each piece, except the chairs, were my own design. The chairs I started with a Woodsmith plan and modified to match the table design matching the narrow and wide slats of the table legs.
                That's magnificent. You can rely on my project approval as more advanced than our fellow forumites here because I have six similar chairs (only) sitting here in stacks of uncompleted parts, having found the project too daunting and beyond my pay grade & infirmities, so I have the greatest respect and appreciation for your fine work. While a dozen or so of us have made (or attempted) the chairs, I don't recall any who have posted the entire suite.
                Start slow; wind down gracefuilly

Comment

The top of the table has the same finish as everything else. But as it is quarter sawn it does not have the cathedrals and grain pattern of the rest so the look is a bit different and it is exaggerated in the picture due to the raking light from the window.

Comment

Thank you for posting this. I went to Woodsmith and purchased applicable plans, if only for study and my library.... The Woodsmith articles (2 or 3 variations) were incredibly thorough. I had run into problems on mine ruining some of the rear legs and the answers were there. So, I particularly appreciate your posting showing the magnificent work. Given the stimulation there is hope I might get mine done.
                    Start slow; wind down gracefuilly

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by GlennS, St Clair Beach View Post
                        It has been a long time since I posted...
                        It has, but it's good to see you back Glenn!
                        That's a really nice dining set.
                        Hope all is well
                        Paul

Comment

Very nice work! If you had any progress pictures please post them because I am certain all of us would love to see them.

Comment

Nice job, Glenn. And as has already been stated it's nice to see you back here again.
                            All the best,

Marty

President of Kingston Wood Artisans https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club

Comment

Working...
                            X