Old School Cedar Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old School Cedar Project

Here is the completed end table I made for my wife. Now this is a lady who took 3 years to pick out an oven and 4 years to find the right fridge. She was looking for a set of end tables. No one knows how long this would have taken. So I decided to create a set of tables for her from some left over cedar 2x4s and 2x6s. I built them completely out of cedar but with no fasteners (screw or nails). Just old fashioned joinery and Gorilla wood glue. The longest part was milling the table top pieces, cutting them to size and putting them in place. For the finish, I used boiled linseed oil. This stuff really makes the grain pop out and it is so easy to work with. But it was well worth it. Here is a picture of the first completed table. Click image for larger version  Name:	end table.jpg Views:	2 Size:	238.9 KB ID:	1234477Click image for larger version  Name:	end table2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	288.2 KB ID:	1234475Click image for larger version  Name:	table top.jpg Views:	1 Size:	167.8 KB ID:	1234476Click image for larger version  Name:	table top sanded.jpg Views:	1 Size:	155.0 KB ID:	1234478
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Old Grumpy; 04-23-2019, 10:05 AM.
    Les Groeller, Merv in Regina and 8 others like this.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Old School Cedar Project

That looks fantastic. Do you have any concerns about wood movement and the mitred border?

Comment

So your forgot to say if the wife likes them or whether she will take 3-4 years to decide?

PS Very nice job!!

Comment

Very nice design.

Noel
        "Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
        'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
        "
        John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

Looks great!

Happy wife happy life

Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by Grailwoodworks View Post
            That looks fantastic. Do you have any concerns about wood movement and the mitred border?
            Not at this time. Only time will tell. I have been assessing this also.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by TedBrown View Post
              So your forgot to say if the wife likes them or whether she will take 3-4 years to decide?

PS Very nice job!!
              My wife likes it very much. And it only took a few seconds. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Working...
              X