Sawhorses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sawhorses

Often a source of questions. I see our latest CTC flyer that the metal folding sawhorses are on sale for $13 each, which seems a reasonable price and 300 lb. capacity. Roy
    Are you solving the problem, or becoming part of it?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Sawhorses

Great deal at that price, I bought a pair a few years ago (on sale) and they are a good design, fold up compactly for storage or moving them around and reasonably stable in use (last time I used them was to paint some doors, easy to carry up to the room, set up and sturdy/stable enough to paint on). Must be a regional sale as they show up at the regular price of $64.99 in the Vancouver area.

Comment

At that price, maybe.

Ive had similar ones and the legs would never lock in enough to remain stable. I see these ones on sale have support brackets on the legs so they likely are considerably more stable than what Ive had before.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug G View Post
        Great deal at that price, I bought a pair a few years ago (on sale) and they are a good design, fold up compactly for storage or moving them around and reasonably stable in use (last time I used them was to paint some doors, easy to carry up to the room, set up and sturdy/stable enough to paint on). Must be a regional sale as they show up at the regular price of $64.99 in the Vancouver area.
        They show up the same price here on the website but the flyer lists them at $12.99. Must be something wacky going on at crappy tire HQ or the flyer price isnt effective yet. https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...-0570035p.html

Comment

I’m in Hamilton Ontario, they are on sale here for 4 days only.
          John
          If you learn from your mistakes, then I'm getting a fantastic education.

Comment

I had 8 pair that I bought when they were on sale. I was swayed by the huge mark down thinking what a deal. As someone said great for painting doors but that is about as good as they get. I had them fold up on me and stuff fall on floor. Haven't used them in a couple of years and not sure how many I have left as I gave some away. Definitely not worth $64 and hardly the sale price. Recently bought a pair that LV had on sale and Princess Auto also had them. Approx $120 for the pAir and they are as solid as any saw horse that I have owned including some wooden ones I owned years ago.Will try and find a link.

Brian
            https://www.princessauto.com/en/sear...ing+saw+horses
            the $69 ones are the ones I bought. You can also adjust the height of the legs.
            Last edited by Brian @ Muir; 04-24-2019, 09:10 PM. Reason: link
            scooby074 likes this.
            If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

The princess auto ones are some of the best I’ve ever seen for the price. Especially when they go on sale for $34. I have a set of the Canadian tire ones. The regular price used to be $29.99. I got them on sale for $9.98 about eight years ago. They are a little flimsy, but they do work and collapse up really nice.
              For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
              Sir Isaac Newton.

Comment

I bought three pair of those when they used to go on sale for $9.99. At that price they are a good deal, especially if you screw a 2x4 to the top to beef them up. About 4 years ago I received a big load of lumber and did not have enough room on my lumber racks in the storage room, so I grabbed one pair and "temporarily" set all the lumber on top. Yeah, temporarily! I've continued to store most of my maple on top of those saw horses. I will take a picture tomorrow and post it, though my stock is a little low right now. I usually have several hundred board feet of 8/4 and 4/4 maple on there, waaaaaaay over the weight rating for sure. I bet I am pressing my luck with them, but I do say, after 4 years of continuously holding up all that weight, they've certainly been worth the 9 bucks!

Comment

There are two types: one type has the extendable/adjustable legs. I have both, and they work for me, but I'm not 'in the business' at all, and don't use them all that often. I got them just because of the fold-up capability.
                  Didn't look at the flyer to see which ones are on sale.

Noel
                  "Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
                  'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
                  "
                  John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

I have three pairs of these, all bought at the sale prices. Are they sturdy (stand on them stable)? No. Are they good for just holding stuff up off the ground for you to work on at a comfortable height? Yes. They are worth the $9 (or $13 in this case) that I paid for them? Yes, but probably not much more than that.

John
                    Brian @ Muir likes this.
                    Shut up, wretched cricket of doom...

Comment

I have a pair of those $70 Toughbuilt ones (got mine at Lee Valley) & they are incredibly tough, strong & stable.

Comment

Working...
                      X