New train set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New train set up

I am doing an other electric train set up, this one is a American Flyer S scale. smaller than my Lionel O scale, the set up is in where the Craftmaster wall is.
    I am doing the set over a very old belt sander, all the machine (grain elevator, log loader ect ect) are functional, the train will have four switches and different car jumpers, and at one point I could back up the rail cars, release the rail car using an electric jumpers, load the rail car and come back later to pick it up. lol.. The lamp showing in the picture is the lamp my Dad had when he started working for CNR back in 1946, the chair is the chair he uses until he retired, I will be using this chair when I operate my train set. The cushions on the chair are marked CNR. Lot of work but love it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	train set up oct 2019.jpg Views:	85 Size:	3.04 MB ID:	1254837Click image for larger version  Name:	train set up oct 2019 1.jpg Views:	72 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	1254838Click image for larger version  Name:	train set up 2019 2.jpg Views:	72 Size:	1.64 MB ID:	1254839
    Last edited by John Bartley; 10-11-2019, 08:23 AM. Reason: Fixed formatting
    Les Groeller, John@Hamilton and 9 others like this.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: New train set up

Love it, brings back memories of my dads HO gage setup when I was a kid.

Comment

How do you have room for all these projects?
      I may have to make a trip to see this, some time.

Noel
      "Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
      'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
      "
      John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

This is really cool, I love that you have your dad's work chair.
        Jerome
        Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.
        Every loaf of bread is a tragic tale of grains that could've become beer.......but didn't....

Comment

Originally posted by beachburl View Post
          How do you have room for all these projects?
          I may have to make a trip to see this, some time.

Noel
          Noel, I just make room, lol.. and you are welcome anytime.
          Jacques

Comment

Nice layout.
            The old tools really add an extra to the picture.
            Egon
            from
            The South Shore, Nova Scotia

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Another nice project Jacques! My Dad worked for CN way back when 1956 to 1961 as a mechanic in the summer and heavy equipment operator in the winters. We travelled with him in the summers; in fact the first time I saw a steam engine up close was in Mont Joli!

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Ken

Comment

Great use of family heirlooms!

Trains are sure fun and S scale is one of the less seen gauges. I put up a Lionel O set every Christmas but it is so loud I have been toying with replacing it with a G gauge set. G gauge is whisper quite while O gauge you can't hear yourself think. I have an N set as well but probably going to get rid of that one.

Comment

Working...
                X