Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does the Lee Valley cyber Monday sale start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does the Lee Valley cyber Monday sale start?

Does anyone happen to know what time the Lee Valley cyber Monday sale is going live this year? I’m wondering if I’m going to have to take the morning off just so I can stay up to get a crack at the sales. Over the past few years I’ve spent a ridiculous amount on their cyber Monday sales. It’s a sickness
    VIDEOS: www.youtube.com/AWoodworkersLife
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: When does the Lee Valley cyber Monday sale start?

Historically it starts at midnight that day.
    All the best,

Marty

Secretary of Kingston Wood Artisans Inc. https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Master Mistake Fixer (because I've made them all... at least once)

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan in BC View Post
      Does anyone happen to know what time the Lee Valley cyber Monday sale is going live this year? I’m wondering if I’m going to have to take the morning off just so I can stay up to get a crack at the sales. Over the past few years I’ve spent a ridiculous amount on their cyber Monday sales. It’s a sickness
      Im sorry but there is no cure for your sickness.
      Stephan in BC and beachburl like this.
      • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill

Comment

I think it is usually midnight EST which gives you an advantage since you are in BC.
        Stephan in BC and Les Groeller like this.
        Jamie www.turneddesignsbyjamie.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood1207 View Post
          I think it is usually midnight EST which gives you an advantage since you are in BC.
          That would be nicer for me. If it was 6am EST it could be catastrophic to my napping patterns, might even cause a serious crisis of identity!

Comment

Originally posted by redlee View Post

Im sorry but there is no cure for your sickness.
            I’m still in denial, but my wife has come to the same conclusion as you.

Comment

I went on it last nite around 12:30AM ET. Nothing of interest for me. It's been that way for years now for me.
              Kevin

Comment

The check out was utterly frozen last night so I gave up, this morning was fine and they had most of what I still wanted. most of the handplanes were sold out I won’t be getting one.
                Hope others had better luck!
                sigpicToday's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground.

Comment

I was without internet when the sale started, but like Kevin, there wasn't much that I needed. I think that's a sign that I have too much stuff
                  Bob just past Ayr and Kayak Jim like this.
                  If a man speaks in the forest, and there's no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong

Comment

I was on at about 12 EST and while I was about to put an apron plane into my shopping cart the entire site went down for maintenance. By the time I got back in everything I was interested in was sold out. Obviously the new website doesn't handle lots of traffic any better than the old one did.

Comment

I managed to log in about 10 minutes before 9:00PM PST, and was able to get a discounted gift card with no problem.

Comment

I picked up a cabinet scraper and a side rabbet plane. The side rabbet plane was one of those things I didn’t know I needed, so score one for the Lee Valley advertising department.

Comment

I got the gift card, which I did need

Comment

Like many, I was logged in prior to kick-off... but in the 10 minutes it took for me to quickly scan the offerings, select a gift card, set of scissors and a torque wrench, the site was locked up and I couldn't get to pay for the order for about 30 minutes. I was about to start paying for my order, when I was asked to log back on; seems like the site had crashed. Of course my order was nowhere to be found and I had to start all over again. That was around 12:30, and once again, I was unable to get to the payment page. I gave up after an hour and a half of waiting (of course I used the time to view my favourite Youtube channels) and went to bed.

When I woke up and checked the site, my order was there, but the shopping cart showed not only the first set of items, but the second, duplicate set, too. But I got things straightened out and managed to get everything I wanted.

Was it worthwile? Not really, but, hey, we all know what to expect as that's how it's been always working. Guess it's very difficult to design a website able to withstand the significant avalanche of clients like me who are attracted to Lee Valley's annual sale.
                            All the best,

Marty

Secretary of Kingston Wood Artisans Inc. https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Master Mistake Fixer (because I've made them all... at least once)

Comment

Working...
                            X