Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with a jointer and planer who can cut me special cut wood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with a jointer and planer who can cut me special cut wood?

Hey guys,

I need to cut some wood in specific dimension and super flat for my amp speaker. Anyone with a jointer and planer in Scarborough area who can help me out? I just need this only so it is not feasible for me to buy a jointer and a planer.

Thanks
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Anyone with a jointer and planer who can cut me special cut wood?

Originally posted by TorontoLuthier View Post
    Hey guys,

I need to cut some wood in specific dimension and super flat for my amp speaker. Anyone with a jointer and planer in Scarborough area who can help me out? I just need this only so it is not feasible for me to buy a jointer and a planer.

Thanks

I have a planer (13") and a jointer(6" benchtop).

What are the dimensions are are looking at? Not so much scarborough, but the yonge subway line area.

Comment

I have a 12" jointer/planer and live in Scarborough, if the poster above isn't able to help you I may be.

What are the piece dimensions?

Thanks, Rod.
      Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
        I have a 12" jointer/planer and live in Scarborough, if the poster above isn't able to help you I may be.

What are the piece dimensions?

Thanks, Rod.
        Hi Rod,
        Thank you for your help. I did not get a reply yet from the above poster. These are the pieces I need to be cut:

I need 8 pieces to be as flat, parallel and square as possible to the following dimensions:

4 pieces: 13 1/4" X 53/64" X 53/64" (336.55 mm X 21 mm X 21 mm)

4 pieces: 24 7/8" X 53/64" X 53/64" (631.82 mm X 21 mm X 21 mm)

2 pieces: 30" X 53/64" X 53/64" (762 mm X 21 mm X 21 mm)

The long sides have to be as accurate as possible, the other smaller thicknesses can be somewhat accurate or as close as can be. However, all pieces must be of same thickness values. These will be used as stops for the back panel cover of a speaker.

If you can help me get these done, that will be appreciated. Please suggest the wood pieces you want me to get from home depot (maybe 1 x 2's S4S) and I can get them and drop by your workshop. Also, if you agree to help, please pm me your quote.

Thank you again.

Comment

[QUOTE=TorontoLuthier;n1261101]

Hi Rod,
          Thank you for your help. I did not get a reply yet from the above poster. These are the pieces I need to be cut:

I need 8 pieces to be as flat, parallel and square as possible to the following dimensions:

4 pieces: 13 1/4" X 53/64" X 53/64" (336.55 mm X 21 mm X 21 mm)

4 pieces: 24 7/8" X 53/64" X 53/64" (631.82 mm X 21 mm X 21 mm)

2 pieces: 30" X 53/64" X 53/64" (762 mm X 21 mm X 21 mm)

The long sides have to be as accurate as possible, the other smaller thicknesses can be somewhat accurate or as close as can be. However, all pieces must be of same thickness values. These will be used as stops for the back panel cover of a speaker.

If you can help me get these done, that will be appreciated. Please suggest the wood pieces you want me to get from home depot (maybe 1 x 2's S4S) and I can get them and drop by your workshop. Also, if you agree to help, please pm me your quote.

Thank you again. [/QUOT

Hi, that will be no problem, I have lot’s of wood, no need to buy anything.

Please PM me your email address and we’ll set a time....Regards, Rod
          Yeti likes this.
          Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

Working...
          X