Unique Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique Machines

One of the Youtube channels I frequent is this one, Ishitani, by a Japanese craftsman. Aside from his obvious experience and skills (also at such an early age), what I'd like to highlight here is the machines in his shop. In particular, the bench saws he uses are unlike anything available here in Canada.

Has anyone seen tablesaw-like machines used here in Canada, and if so, where? Very interesting how they're used.
    Beaverfever1988 likes this.
    All the best,

Marty

Secretary of Kingston Wood Artisans Inc. https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Master Mistake Fixer (because I've made them all... at least once)
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Unique Machines

Yeah those are unique machines aren’t they. Thanks for sharing the channel.
    VIDEOS: www.youtube.com/AWoodworkersLife

Comment

Marty you could fit a half dozen of those in the footprint of your setup.

Noel
      MartyFromKingston likes this.
      "Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
      'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
      "
      John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

He uses a dedicated rip saw, something that has fallen out of fashion in western woodworking because of their frighteningly large blades. It also has a neat but scary tenoning attachment.

He has a panel saw that is either backwards to western panel saws, or he just uses it backwards for a climb cut.

He has a super surfacer, which is a neat machine that rams a board through a stationary knife. It gives a hand planed sort of finish.

He also uses a radial arm drill press to its full potential while drilling compound angle holes for chairs.

I also don't think he is as young as he looks.
        smallerstick likes this.

Comment

I've been watching that guy for a while now Marty. I really like his designs and enjoy watching him. I also noticed the different machinery he uses and wondered where they originated from.
          What?

Comment

Gota love the Supersurfacer, one day I should get mine running.
            sigpicToday's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

He also uses a shop built adjustable height assembly table; a concept which I think is just brilliant.
              The difference between a master and a beginner: The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.

Comment

Working...
              X