Zero Clearance Inserts for Craftex Table Saws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero Clearance Inserts for Craftex Table Saws

Hello! Has anyone successfully located an insert material compatible with Craftex Table saws, to generate a zero-clearance insert? My particular model is the CT-104 (purchased back in 2009). Perhaps others have made such a beast? I'd be thankful for any information!
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Zero Clearance Inserts for Craftex Table Saws

I had a Craftsman with no 0 clearance made/available so I made my own out of wood. It lasted several years and then I made another. Worked well for me!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I use leftover scraps of engineered hardwood to make zero clearance inserts for my Rockwell Beaver table saw. What's special about Craftex saws that require "compatible material"? Others use hardwood, MDF, or plywood.

Comment

I use Baltic birch ply, no voids and no chance of it splitting. You can thickness BB ply in a planer if need be too.
        VIDEOS: www.youtube.com/AWoodworkersLife

Comment

MDF works well. If you thickness it just a bit less than the saw top thickness you can drill holes in four corners and install set screws just like the aluminum ones have.

Comment

You can also just remove material at the locations where the insert sits on the saw table tabs.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by Doug G View Post
              You can also just remove material at the locations where the insert sits on the saw table tabs.
              Either this, or I shimmed mine with aluminum tape so that all my inserts lie on the same plane without modification.

I think I have 8 different throat plates, all with different kerfs for different blades. I have some made with solid wood and they remain stable and flat too.

Comment

Check Craftsman and Rigid plates for fit. They're the same saw - maybe also yours.
                Start slowly, wind down gracefully
                woodbilder@mac.com

Comment

I made my own from 1/2" melamine for my Unisaw. Been a long time since I made it as I no longer have a Unisaw. I think I used the throat plate as a template to cut and trim with the router for the exact fit. I installed leveling screws. Worked great for the odd time I needed one.
                  sigpic
                  hobby woodworking since 1972

Comment

Working...
                  X