Pocket screws and dados

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket screws and dados

i am starting a kitchen island build.i don't have much room in my shop so must do a temporary assembly on the second story.one joint I don't want screws on the outside,and can't glue for the mock up.was thinking a shallow dado with blind pocket screw.material is 3/4"
    does this sound feasible?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Pocket screws and dados

Would dowels work? If you don't want to use pocket holes.
    [insert something witty here]

Comment

I just want to temporarily hold things together,it will be glued into the dados on site.

Comment

Hard to picture what you are trying to do, maybe post some pictures or sketches?

Comment

Al:

not sure how much strength you need at this stage, but good quality double-sided tape could work for temporarily holding your panel in the dado.

another option that might work would be to use square blocks inside the boxes, again held in place with double-sided tape.

do you need to move your mock-up or just assemble it for assessing volume and overall design?

Comment

Another option is to use a small (real small) dab of hot glue to hold things together temporarily. When you want to take it back apart, put the edge of a chisel in the joint and pop it open.
            Jacques Gagnon and Yeti like this.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

what are pocket screws going to hold into? they will make a mess, hot melt or cramp it together, blocks screwed together out of sight,

Comment

Thanks for the comments,I may try the hot glue idea.

Comment

Working...
                X