Where to buy Formica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy Formica?

Years ago I could buy 2'x4' sheets of Formica (other brand?) laminate at several stores like Home Depot or Home Hardware. It seems like no one has them anymore. Anyone by chance seen any in the Edmonton area? I really don't want to buy a full 8' sheet. I just want to re-face my Biesemeyer saw fence.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Where to buy Formica?

I’ve seen pieces at the Restore places.
    Might be worth a call.
    Kayak Jim likes this.
    • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry in Fort Sask, AB View Post
      Years ago I could buy 2'x4' sheets of Formica (other brand?) laminate at several stores like Home Depot or Home Hardware. It seems like no one has them anymore. Anyone by chance seen any in the Edmonton area? I really don't want to buy a full 8' sheet. I just want to re-face my Biesemeyer saw fence.
      Are you or any of your friends coming down to Calgary in the near future?? If so let me know and I will give you enough for your fence. Many colours to choose from. LOL.
      stotto likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by redlee View Post
        I’ve seen pieces at the Restore places.
        Might be worth a call.
        Thanks, I never thought of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wally in Calgary View Post

Are you or any of your friends coming down to Calgary in the near future?? If so let me know and I will give you enough for your fence. Many colours to choose from. LOL.
          Well, we were going to go there at the end of the month to visit my wife's mother, but then the world got stupid.

Thanks for the offer Wally. I'll keep this in mind if my searching here continues to be fruitless.
          Wally in Calgary likes this.

Comment

Here in NZ we have company's that only make bench tops it has become a specializes job having to have the bending machines that heat the laminate, we have one near us and I go there for left overs, when I renovated this house I used Formica laminate on all the window liners that come with aluminum windows, before questions are asked I had the jamb liners supplied loose I took off the paint and epoxy glued on the laminate then attached to the window.

Comment

You could try a place like Flow Form Countertops on Yellowhead and about 80th street. Maybe they have pieces that would work that they're just throwing away.

Comment

Did you ever find any
                • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill

Comment

I know most of my suppliers are all closed down now so probably nowhere for a few weeks

Comment

I found some in my shed if you still need a piece.

Comment

Did you ever find any
                      Honestly, I haven't been out to look since things got crazy. Figured I'll just live with it for the time being.

Comment

I found some in my shed if you still need a piece.
                        Hey, thanks. Once the weather smartens up I'll maybe take the bike down that way for a piece. I ride through there once in a while when I'm out for a jaunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry in Fort Sask, AB View Post

Hey, thanks. Once the weather smartens up I'll maybe take the bike down that way for a piece. I ride through there once in a while when I'm out for a jaunt.
                          Sounds good , let me know.

Comment

Most of the cabinet suppliers sell one of various brands. I deal with Commonwealth Lumber in London. They are a Formica dealer. I buy Sheet goods from them and they always have a variety of rolls of Formica for sale in the warehouse and usually in the $10 a sheet range. They may be weird colours or have corners broken or just old stock. I suspect any similar business would have similar deals. Just don’t go looking for your favourite color

Brian
                            If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

grab a scrap of countertop, cut down to a 1/2 inch bigger in length and width, then grab an iron on medium and heat the laminate. it will, peel off
                              my shop is a beaver lodge
                              steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Craftmaster Lathe

https://www.facebook.com/artistryinwoodca/

Comment

Working...
                              X