Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self quarintine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Self quarintine

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	507
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	1274659Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	527
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	1274658Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	527
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	1274657Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	513
Size:	963.8 KB
ID:	1274656Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	535
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	1274655 My daughter returned from Cuban on Sunday.i have self quarrentined in my shop!
    gojaysgo2013, Beaverfever1988 and 4 others like this.
  • Thread Continues Below...

  • #2

    Re: Self quarintine

    I think self quarantine comes naturally to most woodworkers!

    Nathan
    UpperCanadaGuitars, gojaysgo2013 and 4 others like this.

    Comment


    • #3

      Re: Self quarintine

      Aside from the fact that my wife is now working from home, this is pretty much exactly what I had planned for the first few months of retirement. I've been working on a few projects, switching between woodwork and motorcycle related projects. I'm making good progress on my arts and crafts floor lamp. will have to snap some shots to post soon.

      Comment


      • #4

        Re: Self quarintine

        Is that what I have been doing for years... No wonder the beard keeps growing.

        Comment


        • #5

          Re: Self quarintine

          I am waiting on finish to cure so I can wet sand and polish.

          Nathan

          Comment


          • #6

            Re: Self quarintine

            I am working from home for 3 weeks.

            I’ve been spending a lot of time in virtual meetings, often sitting at the bench in the shop.

            Yesterday a couple of people in the meeting noticed that I was in the shop so I had to spend a couple of minutes on a virtual tour...Rod
            Work is the curse of the riding class.

            Comment

            • Thread Continues Below...

            • #7

              Re: Self quarintine

              Here's a project I am going to start tomorrow. It's a arbour bench that will end up on somebodies veranda. The bench part isn't in the sketch so I added a second picture with the style of bench that I will include inside of it.
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8

                Re: Self quarintine

                Originally posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
                I am working from home for 3 weeks.

                I’ve been spending a lot of time in virtual meetings, often sitting at the bench in the shop.

                Yesterday a couple of people in the meeting noticed that I was in the shop so I had to spend a couple of minutes on a virtual tour...Rod

                ....in other words, your presence in the shop dovetailed with your audience’s interests.

                Comment


                • #9

                  Re: Self quarintine

                  Originally posted by Jacques Gagnon View Post


                  ....in other words, your presence in the shop dovetailed with your audience’s interests.
                  Jacques, that was great, extra points for a wood working pun...Rod
                  Work is the curse of the riding class.

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Re: Self quarintine

                    Like Ed in Calgary, I'm now retired and this need to avoid going out kinda fits perfectly with getting ahead on several projects. I'm currently doing renovation work in the kitchen plus a few other things. Shop time is now plentiful! It will slow down a bit when it gets warmer outside and BBQ season starts.
                    Happiness is a new blade!

                    Comment


                    • #11

                      Re: Self quarintine

                      Originally posted by guylavoie View Post
                      Like Ed in Calgary, I'm now retired and this need to avoid going out kinda fits perfectly with getting ahead on several projects. I'm currently doing renovation work in the kitchen plus a few other things. Shop time is now plentiful! It will slow down a bit when it gets warmer outside and BBQ season starts.
                      BBQ season starts??

                      You mean it closes Guy?

                      Regards, Rod
                      Work is the curse of the riding class.

                      Comment

                      • Thread Continues Below...

                      • #12

                        Re: Self quarintine

                        Well during the warm months, I use the BBQ pretty well every day. Then there is the smoker I made a couple of years ago, great for ribs. I also have a pool. Fun things to do when you're by yourself, beats watching TV!
                        Happiness is a new blade!

                        Comment


                        • #13

                          Re: Self quarintine

                          Guy
                          Any pictures of your home made smoker
                          Bob just past Ayr

                          Comment


                          • #14

                            Re: Self quarintine

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	fumoir.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	3.75 MB
ID:	1275091

                            Here it is. Made from old propane tanks. The frame is from an old Fiesta BBQ.
                            Happiness is a new blade!

                            Comment


                            • #15

                              Re: Self quarintine

                              Dos the fire stay in the tank to the left and vent through the main one? How do you control temperature in the smoker?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X