Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

woodworking projects on your bucket list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woodworking projects on your bucket list?

There are some things every woodworker seems to try at least in my mind.
    a workbench seems a right of passage.
    chairs
    table
    cabinets
    boat at least I have always wanted to build one.
    bowls

what else do you think?
    I still have to tackle a chair I have made stools but not a chair.
    Jerome
    Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.
    Every loaf of bread is a tragic tale of grains that could've become whiskey.......but didn't....
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: woodworking projects on your bucket list?

I've made all but the boat. When we were into canoeing while we lived in Peterborough, I often thought about building a stripper from the Canoe Craft book. We moved to Saudi Arabia so the need for canoes was truncated at that point and by the time we came back to Canada, we had lost the canoe bug.
    I'm wanting to build a set of speakers from a kit right now.
    PeterTZ likes this.
    Cheers
    Randy

Comment

I've done all those on your list. I discovered I'm not a fan of chair building. I need to get over that.

The boat building is just because of where I grew up. Near Lunenburg. Had the good fortune to do some work at a few of the boat yards in the area and as a result, built a couple of my own small sailboats.

I'd add a few others and some are starter projects that get people interested in the hobby/profession:

Picnic tables/garden furniture/planters
      Small decorative boxes.
      Bookshelves/wall shelving
      Beds.
      Live edge toilet paper holders (that's sarcastic, I'm pretty much sick of anything live edge)
      Last edited by PeterTZ; 03-31-2020, 02:26 PM.
      Learning something new every day.

Comment

I want to build a shaving horse but have no where to keep it, until I need it.
        Have needed one a couple of times, didn’t build it though.
        John
        If you learn from your mistakes, then I'm getting a fantastic education.

Comment

Would love to build a canoe, paddles for the canoe, a few more passive speakers to give away as gifts, a lantern for my sister, a wannigan, a crokinole board, and a new kitchen for my wife. I suspect if I don't cross the last of those off the bucket list soon, I might be kicking that bucket a little early....

Comment

I have made everything on your list except the boat. That has always been in the back of mind way back there, I don't really have a use for a boat is one reason. Last spring I built a bay window on my house something that was always on my list.

Comment

I've made everything except a boat, I have made canoe paddles.

Just completing 2 medicine cabinets, need to make an A&C clock for the dining room..............Rod.
              Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

I’ve always wanted to build a shaker candle stand with a turned pedestal and the three legs dovetailed in. My wife tells me it won’t fit the look of our house though.

Comment

I tried to convince my wife the shaving horse would look good in the living room, no go.
                  John
                  smallerstick and Grailwoodworks like this.
                  If you learn from your mistakes, then I'm getting a fantastic education.

Comment

Waiting for plans for the 400 sq ft addition on the back of our house. Will do everything except the concrete work.

Brian
                    If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Originally posted by Brian @ Muir View Post
                      Waiting for plans for the 400 sq ft addition on the back of our house. Will do everything except the concrete work.

Brian
                      You sound like my brother Brian, getting a bigger house in retirement....Rod
                      Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

Bucket list sounds ummm kinda terminal today.
                        I don’t really have one I just build what I need or want.
                        Hopefully no Urns or Large wooden boxes.
                        • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by John@Hamilton View Post
                          I want to build a shaving horse but have no where to keep it, until I need it.
                          Have needed one a couple of times, didn’t build it though.
                          John
                          Can't you just tie it to a fence post or something, by draping the reins over it as they did in the cowboy movies?
                          John@Hamilton likes this.
                          Noel

"Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
                          'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
                          "

John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

I still haven't built a proper bench. I have the lumber it's been sitting there for 6 months... Just didn't go and do it. I don't know if it's a right of passage or not but it's definitely something I will get a lot of usage out of.

I want to build a Cedar Canoe. I can get my hands on a lot of Select white cedar strips from my supplier (when he reopens) And If I build one chances are I will end up building 5 or 6 for resell just because when you build one you should always build more as a rule of thumb unless it's a custom job. Probably 2 years away... I thought I would get it done this year but then this C-19 really slowed everything down.

Comment

A guitar has always been on my list, may get moved way up the list as it seems that I will have lots of time on my hands.

i was about to buy a belt/disc sander but now that I seem to have reached a “not if it’s made in China” moment, maybe one of those is on the list too.

Comment

Working...
                              X