Undermount soft close shelf slides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undermount soft close shelf slides

The slides shown are used when you require a shelf slide. They are attached through the bottom of the slide to whatever material they are supported by. The shelf is attached to the slide in the same fashion as a drawer. These slides have been used for base cabinet pullouts for years. The ones in the pic are Salice. Blum have had them in the US for years but we’re not available in Canada until a couple of years ago. They can also be used for drawer slides in building pieces that a conventional drawer slide will not work. I don’t recall the load capacity but I do recall the are similiar to conventional soft close. In the event of a heavy load on the shelf you can mount a third slide. Click image for larger version

Name:	62A16A30-EC44-453D-9345-65C2FB43B5C7.jpeg
Views:	195
Size:	668.4 KB
ID:	1282917Click image for larger version

Name:	A85613C5-3792-4E1A-8074-9C90A84DF0EC.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	1282918
    If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Undermount soft close shelf slides

If I understand correctly you would need a cleat attached to the side if the cabinet and the slide would be attached to the top of the cleat?

Thanks,

Comment

There is no attachment on the sides of the slide. The base of the slide has screw holes that allow you to attach through the bottom of the slide into the material the slide is resting on. They are great for pullouts in base cabinets as you are not limited to where your slides are attached to a shelf or any other device that you are building. The ones I have were bought about 2 years ago. You see them in use at kitchen shows in the US more than around here. Most people did not know they existed. What got me thinking of them was Marty’s thread that he has ongoing.

i just re read your post. You could do it as you described but not really how they are used. A base cabinet waste receptacle is an example. You have a 20 inch opening but your waste receptacle or other pullout is only 16 inches. These slides are used as they give you the freedom to choose where they are located on the bottom of the cabinet. Drop sometime and I will show you. Kinda hard to describe
      Click image for larger version

Name:	7437F853-B329-4F85-B3AE-1F478FB5AC76.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	1282999Click image for larger version

Name:	EA06FCDA-03ED-4643-BAE6-3501235BF145.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	1283000

Comment

Brian,

From what I can see in the photos, the main difference between these and Blum's Tandembox undermount drawer slides is that they don't have any side wall that protrudes above the bearing surface. Am I seeing this correctly?
        All the best,

Marty

- Instagram: @apexwoodworks
        - facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Apex-Woodwo...0243458908979/

Secretary of Kingston Wood Artisans Inc. https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Master Mistake Fixer (because I've made them all... at least once)

Comment

thats correct Marty. With the Tandem slides their location is dictated by the size of the drawer and the opening. On these slides they are mounted to a flat surface. If you wanted a sliding shelf that carried a heavy load you could have 3 slides under the shelf. They are not meant to replace a typical slide that we use for a typical drawer in kitchen cabinets. They come in various lengths and have the soft close feature. If you wanted to build a 8 inch wide pullout under a 36 inch sink cabinet for cleaning supplies these slides would make it easier. With a tandem you would have to mount a piece of wood to mount the tandem too. These get attached to the bottom of cabinet and you end up with a neater looking install.

Brian

​​​​​​​

Comment

I put four slides on a pull out shelf on a commercial job, two were mounted correctly, two were mounted backwards, it had soft close going in then soft close as it came to full extension. Blum shook their heads then smiled, likely voided my warranty.
            Last edited by Sawdust; 05-13-2020, 01:06 PM.
            MartyFromKingston likes this.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Did you mistakingly mount those 2 incorrectly? Regardless, brilliant!

Originally posted by Sawdust View Post
              I put four slides on a pull out shelf on a commercial job, two were mounted correctly, two were mounted backwards, it had soft close going in then soft close as it came to full extension. Blum shook their heads then smiled, likely voided my warranty.
              All the best,

Marty

- Instagram: @apexwoodworks
              - facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Apex-Woodwo...0243458908979/

Secretary of Kingston Wood Artisans Inc. https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Master Mistake Fixer (because I've made them all... at least once)

Comment

Hey Marty

It worked for what I needed to do. I tend to modify stuff. The occidental tool belt has a number of mods and the chopper 1 as well. I stopped at a friends and he had this Chopper 1 axe. Another friend bought me one and next time I saw his axe the wings were gone. I asked as they were an important feature of how it works. He is 6' 4" tall and likely 290 or more, he strikes with amazing speed. . I tried his axe without the wings and loved it. He said he broke it in the first week but there is a lot of power there, The wings spread the wood and with his hit strength first times using it one piece flew 15-20 feet into his pickup truck door.

I used a die grinder and cut that stuff off. Not often the axe gets stuck and its quieter, it works great. Finally broke the handle and in checking on a price was told theirs is he only one that works, I dont always like ordering from the US. . I could see why their handle is unique and wanted to make my own and didnt have time. I got one from TSC and made it work. Its never come lose like the original one did. Its been excellent though when I make my own it will be a bit longer and diff shape. My pole tree trimmer drives me nuts like to do five mods to that thing. . We can often improve stuff.
                Brian @ Muir likes this.

Comment

Working...
                X