Laguna F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laguna F1

Looking for recommendations for a table saw upgrade. Does any one have experience with the Laguna F1? It looks like it would fit my requirements but I have never actually seen or used one. My shop is not overly large and its in my basement. TIA
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Laguna F1

What is your budget???

I am asking because this saw has a 1.5 HP motor in it and you will wish you had more.   It's an upgrade from most portable saws but it's still underpowered for any serious woodworking.   Look I used a 1.5 HP saw for years it will bog down when using a dato stack and when ever making heavy cuts.    

For a thousand dollars you can find a better saw and if you go used you will find a saw that will probably be 10 times better than this saw.

I also don't know your particular needs or the saw you had before.   My original saw was a 3HP craftman jobsite saw that I blew the motor in twice before going with a 1.5HP "portable" Craftex table that was built in the 80's that never broke down but was underpowered and the fence wasn't that great.  
    Follow me on Instagram and Pinterest
    Or like my page on Facebook
    Subscribe on Youtube
    This is my website www.matteout.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I am a hobby woodworker. I recently retired. I have been using a 1.5hp 10" Rockwell Beaver for about 35yrs. now and was going to put a new fence on it but can't see putting the money onto an old saw. My budget is about $1500. id like to find a good used one but space is an issue and moving a heavy saw would be a problem as well but ill keep looking.

Comment

I would put the fence on the old saw.    That's my opinion.    This saw is probably an equal to a downgrade to that rockwell.    Probably has more power too.    I found that today's HP is advertised differently than it was in the past.    My old Craftex table made in the 80's has a bigger looking motor than my new one that is advertised as a 3 HP one.    Max output type of thing instead of what it dishes out most of the time.

The only difference is probably the tilt angle and riving knife.    The blade on your saw probably tilts towards the fence where modern saws tilt away from the fence and if you are anything like me that riving knife is off the saw more than it's on with old saws.
        Subscribe on Youtube

Comment

I considered the Laguna saws for a while... they look well built, riving knife, overhead dust collection, etc. If you can't find the right saw on the used market why not? They make 3 hp models too.  

Comment

No riving knife on the old RB either, never had one. You may have inspired me to tune it up and keep her. I do need a band saw as well.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Talk about a 600$ fence and a 900$ used bandsaw that is better than you can find in stores.  
              Subscribe on Youtube

Comment

Working...
              X