Metalworker who needs occasional help with wood components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metalworker who needs occasional help with wood components

Hi folks. I'm in Calgary and am a metal fabricator who does a lot of welding, plasma cutting, hydraulic bending, ring rolling, etc. I occasionally incorporate wood components into projects. I do some machining (but not much) and belong to a metal working forum similar to this one. I need someone who can do occasional one-off work for small projects that incorporate wood into the metal stuff I do. For example, I want to build a side slide desk (see pic) that is made from metal but has an exotic wood table insert...maybe zebra wood or cocobolo. I can do all the metal stuff, but lack the tools to cut the wood and do a roundover (or similar treatment) to the wood. Another project at some point is a metal and wood writing desk.  

I'm in no rush and am just putting out some feelers in the Calgary area if there is anyone who could do work like this for me. I would of course pay for all materials and honour social distancing/curbside pickup, etc.

I can offer metal working skills in lieu including shearing, slip roll, ironworker, etc.

The earliest I'd be really would be late August, pending what happens with Covid19 of course. I'm retired so can work around anyone's schedule.

Thanks.
    -- Pete

Click image for larger version

Name:	table.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	1289666

DavidR8 likes this.
  • Thread Continues Below...
Working...
X