Adirondack chair ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adirondack chair ?

Just wondering whether anyone has a shareable plan for Adirondack chairs?

Or could point me in the direction of a decent plan?

Thank you.

These weird characters are annoying.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Adirondack chair ?

Iíve got some plans Iíve used for years, I have adjusted them a little to my liking over the years but the base plans are decent.

http://www.aaadirondackchairs.com/po...hair_plan.html

Colin

Comment

Thank you.

Popular Mechanics! † I never thought of that, I have searched all of the woodworking magazine sites looking for a plan I like - never occurred to me to look at PM. † Funny.

Thank you again.

Comment

You might also look at lee valley tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbull1989 View Post
          Iíve got some plans Iíve used for years, I have adjusted them a little to my liking over the years but the base plans are decent.

http://www.aaadirondackchairs.com/po...hair_plan.html

Colin
          I think I used those as a starting point for making a little chair for my little grandson. I found that for an active toddler a little more fore and aft stability was called for. So I mad the front leg an angled one that tilted so that the foot was several inches forward. i also extended the back contact with the ground farther back a bit. Probably bot necessary on the full sized chair for adults who won't be climbing on the chair. It is a nice attractive chair.

Norm's Adirondack Chair is the one I used as a starting point for full sized ones. You can find it at https://cdn.popularwoodworking.com/w...Adirondack.pdf I modified mine to suit my preferences, but it is a nice chair as is.

Comment

I used the Lee valley plans and eventually straiten the back because it was more comfortable. The curved back do look better.

Plus I think Lee Valley has a fold able chair plan as well. † †I used the non fold able plans.

I don't think the plans where like 20 bucks... † So it's almost free. †

Comment

Thanks everyone, now if I could just find some decent, straight, non-twisted, non-bowed wood ....

Comment

Originally posted by jim.gilchrist View Post
                thanks everyone, now if i could just find some decent, straight, non-twisted, non-bowed wood ....
                :rofl:
                Noel

"Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
                'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
                "

John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

I used the LV foldable plans and made it out of hemlock, just a bleaching oil on it and it works well. Store it out of the weather for the winter and it will last forever. †
                  Erik

Canada's Island Paradise - Prince Edward Island

Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club

Comment

Originally posted by jim.gilchrist View Post
                    Thanks everyone, now if I could just find some decent, straight, non-twisted, non-bowed wood ....
                    Here in Florida we can typically find nice cypress which is ideal for outdoor furniture. That is what I used. Good luck finding something suitable where you are. I am sure you will find something beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Staehling View Post

Here in Florida we can typically find nice cypress which is ideal for outdoor furniture. That is what I used. Good luck finding something suitable where you are. I am sure you will find something beautiful.
                      I use cedar decking for my Adirondacks, itís pretty good. That plan I posted for you is ideal for decking boards, minimal waste using 5 1/2Ē wide.

Colin

Comment

i've built a couple of dozen of the leevalley ad chairs, even have a set of plywood templates somewhere(for template routing). † the best wood ive found for them is cedar deck † and fence boards(seat slats and back slats)
                        the deck boards are thick enough for some minor jointing and planing if needed
                        if you pick through the piles of lumber, you have two choices, the best, straightest cleanest stuff with no waste and easy to work or the crap stuff that can be cleaned up but can be purchased at 1/2 price!. † i always go for the crap at lowes, they are pretty generous as far as discounting "culls" at least the sarnia store is. † all of the parts are less than three feet long, so a crooked board doesnt matter
                        iamtooler likes this.
                        my shop is a beaver lodge
                        steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Craftmaster Lathe

https://www.facebook.com/artistryinwoodca/

Comment

Cedar is very durable but quite soft which is why I went hemlock. †
                          Erik

Canada's Island Paradise - Prince Edward Island

Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club

Comment

Working...
                          X