Handsaw or jigsaw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handsaw or jigsaw?

For a typical home woodworking hobbyist, will I be able to just use the handsaw, like a coping saw instead buying a power jigsaw? Apologize that I do not have whole lot of context regards...
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Handsaw or jigsaw?

It really depends on what you want to do. I use a lot of hand tools in my shop but I also own a jigsaw for some jobs that the hand tools just wouldn't be the right choice for. Let us know what you are planning on doing and we'll help you out as best as we can.

Comment

Re: Handsaw or jigsaw?

Originally posted by m1xed0s View Post
      For a typical home woodworking hobbyist, will I be able to just use the handsaw, like a coping saw instead buying a power jigsaw? Apologize that I do not have whole lot of context regards...
      You can build anything with a chisel and a mallet.    Almost every saw ever made is based on the Chisel.     Does that mean I send extra time using a chisel???    

If I am going to make a small cut I will use a handsaw most of the time because you grab it and you get it done.    I also almost never use a handsaw when making multiple cuts when plugging something in and adjusting it is faster.  
      Kayak Jim likes this.

Comment

Working...
      X