No announcement yet.

WWII V2 German rocket made of wood by a musician and carpenter from Netherlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWII V2 German rocket made of wood by a musician and carpenter from Netherlands

Bioremediating Missile by Jos Volkers

My question would by if such a decoy can be built with materials from a Home Depot store, especially if they have there that kind of wood that can be bent using steam and a press,.which appears to be essential for building this structure.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1920x1080a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	206.5 KB ID:	1291309

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bioremediating-Missile.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.9 KB ID:	1291311

Click image for larger version  Name:	maxresdefault.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.6 KB ID:	1291312

Click image for larger version  Name:	1920x1080a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.7 KB ID:	1291310

Click image for larger version  Name:	1920x1080a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	161.1 KB ID:	1291307

Click image for larger version  Name:	6A5A89FC-1876-4BAC-81D6-C2D360F4D776-768x576.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.6 KB ID:	1291308
    Last edited by simplex1; 07-23-2020, 05:12 AM.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: WWII V2 German rocket made of wood by a musician and carpenter from Netherlands

Steam bending is usually done with green wood not the kiln dried material sold by HD.   And some species are better than others.   If you want to learn more about steam bending, Lee Valley has this free booklet available.

Click image for larger version  Name:	05F1501-steam-bending-booklet-f-24.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	1291348

Comment

Re: WWII V2 German rocket made of wood by a musician and carpenter from Netherlands

I am confused by this post. Is there a question in here somewhere?  

Comment

Originally posted by Kayak Jim View Post
        Steam bending is usually done with green wood not the kiln dried material sold by HD.   And some species are better than others.   If you want to learn more about steam bending, Lee Valley has this free booklet available.
        This is a bit discouraging for me because my only source of wood is Home Depot, Reno Depot and Rona. In the meantime, I have already done some experiments with craft sticks from Dollarama by boiling them in a pot and then forcing them to take the shape of a cylindrical big water glass. I will read the book you recommended.

Comment

Working...
        X