Jointer Operations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jointer Operations

Yes I have observed the cutters, they appear to have been abused before I started up the machine.  They will need to be sharpened or repaired depending on the overall condition of them.  I looked up briefly and I see there are a possibility of swapping out the cutter head to a helical carbide head for the jointer and planer, does anyone have experience doing this already?  Oh and as a P.S. I noticed the jointer table can go as far as 1/2 inch cuts if so required.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Depth of cut is needed for rabbet cut.
      Wood Grower likes this.
      Egon
      from
      The South Shore, Nova Scotia

Comment

Originally posted by Egon View Post
        Depth of cut is needed for rabbet cut.
        Ok makes sense.  Could have 1.25 inch. And remain .25 after double flipping passes.  Thank you.  

Comment

This must be piece sticking out for rabbits Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	1295883

Comment

Yes it is.
            Egon
            from
            The South Shore, Nova Scotia

Comment

And to rebate your knife has to protrude out past the edge of the out feed table and be sharp on the end or cut back so the point cuts and the end flat of the knife is not rubbing on the cut after you have made it, if it not set up correctly the wood will want to push away and the rebate will get smaller.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

It doesn’t appear that is possible?   The infeed table wraps around the cutter and ends beyond the outfeed table as shown in above photo.  The c shape is infeed table.  As you can see there is steel beside the cutter as well.   The blades need to be as shown in photo.

Comment

Yes I do have the same machine but made locally here in NZ, if you hold a straight edge against the edge of the out feed table the end of the cutting knife needs to be a whisker proud of the straight edge otherwise you are not able to rebate with it, think logically if the knife is in behind the edge of the out feed table after the knife has cut the rebate it will hit the out feed table, if you don't need to do rebates then it is no problem where the knife end is. 

Comment

Working...
                  X