Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn McBride
    replied
    I thought Mythbusters disproved the whole Coca-Cola rust removal method? Home Hardware used to sell a rust remover that was phosphoric acid and worked well but they probably don't carry it any more. I have also heard Hydrogen Peroxide either alone or with baking soda but have not tried yet.  

Leave a comment:

• bogmer
    replied
    So I tried the CLR... A lot of rubbing  and it left this white residue.  I just want to know is there an easy way to get that residue off. 

Leave a comment:

• Egon
    replied
    Coca Cola = phosphoric acid

Leave a comment:

• John Bartley
    replied
    I am told that Coca-Cola also removes rust very effectively. I have never tried it, fearing that the cleanup afterwards may be worse than the rust ....

Leave a comment:

• bogmer
    replied
    Originally posted by John Bartley View Post
    CLR or Vinegar.
    I will give CLR a try.  I still have one machine that I didn't take care of yesterday with the Carb cleaner so why not try something new... WHo knows I might like it better. 

Leave a comment:

• John Bartley
    replied
    CLR or Vinegar.

Leave a comment:

• Egon
    replied
    The important thing is to neutralize the rust you can’t see!

Leave a comment:

• altiplano
    replied
    I usually use some WD40 and a Scotch brite pad, maybe some steel wool... It's just what I have around I guess.

Leave a comment:

• bogmer
    started a topic Best rust remover.

Best rust remover.

It was maintenance day today...You know take care of odds and Ends.Like taking surface rust off my machines and rewaxing them.

I use carb cleaner to take off surface rust and it seems to work great for that.  What do you guys use??
Working...
X