where can buy 19mm plywood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can buy 19mm plywood

hello, does anyone knows where can buy 19mm(3/4") plywood?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: where can buy 19mm plywood

Check out the lumber directory on the magazine website.

https://www.canadianwoodworking.com/lumber-directory
    beachburl likes this.
    Steve The Drill Sergeant
    Check out MyShopNotes on YouTube.

Comment

Maybe be a little more specific, are you looking for construction grade for sub floor or sheathing, marine grade for boat building, cabinet grade for furniture?

Comment

Why city are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What about AGT?  A&M? Home Depot? All are pretty close to you in Oakville/Mississauga so it depends on what kind of plywood you want and the size you need.  HD sells 24x48  birch ply panels.  There are lots of suppliers.  Perhaps that will get you going.

Ken

Comment

I think he means actual 3/4" plywood (19.05 mm) rather than the standard 18mm, almost 3/4" plywood.

Pretty much all of the veneer core plywood is only 18mm. Darn cheapskates must be saving a couple of cents with shorting you the 1mm. There is some plywood with an MDF or particle board core that is a full 3/4". You won't find this at the corner lumber yard or borg. You will have to go to a real lumberyard/wholesaler that has a large selection for the commercial market.
            Last edited by the_other_ken; 09-13-2020, 08:03 PM. Reason: why don't I proof read before clicking save
            the other Ken
            ------
            "Each flitch, each board, each plant can have only one ideal use. The woodworker, applying a thousand skills, must find that ideal use and then shape the wood to realize its true potential" - George Nakashima

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

You can also get a full 3/4 inch plywood with a Veneer Core. MOST places that sell commercially carry a full 3/4. It will be 96 1/2 inch by 48 1/2 inch. If you are phoning big box stores asking for 19 mm we are still in the imperial world when it comes to lumber. They may not have any idea what 19 mm is . I am putting an addition on my own house and have a new Ontario Building Code. It is in metric and I have scratched my head many times in converting.
              Craftsmen Lumber carry 3/4 plywood but they are in Drayton
              Brian
              If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

I purchased 19mm made in Canada sanded pine plywood last week at Home Depot.

Comment

Check out Central Fairbank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X