EZ Smart guide parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZ Smart guide parts

I know the company has shut down but i need some of the edge pieces- the plastic ones that are a wear item Lee Valley has them in their catalog but they are not available for months, any idea where I can get them, I would guess that they are a standard plastic extrusion
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: EZ Smart guide parts

No clue what this even is but eBay is frequently a good source for stuff like this.

Comment

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop...m?item=86N5209 This is what they are

Comment

I looked at your posting history and, no offense intended, you seem to specialize in cobbling things together. In the issue of the EZ product whichI followed in some detail in the creator's earlier days, you have a real doozy. Please don't make anyone drag it our, painfully, bit by bit if you want any info.

Please supply some good photography of your saw and the part in question; I suggest a real camera so-to-speak, like an SLR, not a cell phone. The guy that marketed this thing had parts specially made and assembled in what appeared to be his back yard in Edison, NJ. As a result you will not have much if any luck finding retail parts or substitutes. Good closeup photos of your, or other owners', systems will be a necessity. It is not clear what you are after - are these the edge strip on the saw plate shown in the LV pic with the hand, on the left edge of the saw base plate? Could you circle or mark (edit) the LV pic to clearly ID the part you want, please?

You'r facing a steep uphill effort but we are trying.

Where have you checked, so we aren't duplicating effort? Have you checked the successor's web site, now in FL? https://www.eurekazone.com/aboutus.asp
        Last edited by Woodwreck; 09-16-2020, 04:06 PM.
        Start slow and wind down gracefully

Comment

I just need the strips, the successors site is active but they haven't replied to emails since May

Comment

Originally posted by Skloon View Post
            I just need the strips, the successors site is active but they haven't replied to emails since May
            BINGO! To many observations, that is indicative of the basic problem that started the creator's road to doom in the first place, right out of the blocks. The "system," aka contraption, seemed to more resemble a pricey aluminum and plastic Lego set with a dangerous revolving blade that the hapless buyer provided. It may well be appropriate time to set it at the curb for weekly pickup and buy a new, real track saw instead of throwing good money after bad.

The road to hell is sporadically littered with tools that just don't work out as hoped for as many here will attest to. DAMHIK.
            Start slow and wind down gracefully

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

(Warning ASCII art ahead!) - You might DIY something to replace that complicated plastic extrusion with a wood O[_] shape.
              Just a Duffer

Comment

Working...
              X